TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip To Seoul, Korea

rockysam382

Hi guys,

I am thinking of doing a trip to Seoul, South Korea at the end of the year and will do at least Lotte World and Everland. Seoul Land's optional as far as I am concerned because they do not seem to have any stand-out credits?

Will be heading to Fukuoka in Japan right after Seoul so I was thinking how many days should I spend in Seoul? Would appreciate some advice so thanks in advance!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad, I am actually planning on doing Seoul for about a week or so towards the end of November? Would it still be very cold or snow heavily during that period, since it's the beginning of winter from what I understand?

So rides like T-Express and Atlantis Adventure get closed if temperatures are too low or if it snows?

^The climate is very similar to New York City, so yes, it could be very cold and snowing that time of year. It's still certainly worth a gamble if that's the only time you can go, but I just want to make sure you set your expectations accordingly.

Yeah sadly it's the only time of year where I could take some time off work and go for a long vacation? I guess it's nigh impossible to ride everything because something is always closed? For example during my trip to Osaka last month I took the risk in venturing out all the way to Parque Espana, knowing that certain rides could be closed and all as it was the off peak season?

But was glad and honestly kind of surprised that everything was opened? Managed to do Pyreness and Gran Monserrat many times as they were walk-on's? So I guess some risks are worth taking after all huh?

But thanks for the heads-up and I'll adjust my expectations accordingly? One question though, what choice of accomodation would you reccomend in Seoul?

Glad to know my country's second best on your list! By the way, would it be practical to combine my trip to Seoul with Fukuoka in Japan?

At this point in time, I am planning to spend a week in Seoul before heading over to Fukuoka for another week or so? Aside from Space World, Mitsui Greenland and Kijima Kogen, are there any other parks in the Kyushu area worth doing?

Kashiikaen is where the Pegasus Jet Coaster is right? Would I have enough time at Space World if I were to combine both places as I am not sure if it's a full day park?

Also, does Fukuoka get very cold in winter? Which hotels in the Fukuoka area would you reccomend that are equally accessible to all 3 major parks though?

By the way, would it be practical to combine my trip to Seoul with Fukuoka in Japan?

I did this and it's very easy. You just take a train (hi-speed KTX, takes 3 hours) or bus from Seoul to Busan, then take the ferry ("The Beetle") over to Fukuoka.

I went to Korea in early November and all of the coasters were open, but Elissa is absolutely right. The weather is unpredictable at that time of year, so if it's snowing, you're out of luck. Fukuoka is a lot further South, so it should be warmer. Snow is rare.

PS, my list is:

South Korea > Japan > China > Hong Kong

But I've never been to Singapore.

Thanks for the advice! Looks like I'll follow your advice and take the JR Beetle to Fukuoka!

After hearing that the weather around that time of year is pretty unpredictable from you guys, I am beginning to think that September could be a far better time to visit with the possibility of ride closures less likely?

Also is Gyeongju World worth a visit? Can it be done as a day trip from Seoul?

Also is Gyeongju World worth a visit? Can it be done as a day trip from Seoul?

You could always go to Gyeongju World on the way from Seoul to Busan. There is frequent bus/train service between the three cities. So you could leave Seoul in the morning, go to Gyeongju World during the day, and then on to Busan that evening before taking the ferry to Japan the next morning. More info here: wikitravel.org/en/Gyeongju#Get_in

But if you've got a lot of luggage that could be difficult. I'm not sure if the bus/train stations in Gyeongju have luggage storage. You could always spend one night in Gyeongju, it's a very worthwhile tourist stop (one of the most historic cities in South Korea).

Sounds cool, thanks for the advice guys!

I was wondering if doing Fukuoka first before going on to Seoul would be better? Reason being flying from Singapore and all, Fukuoka is along the way, followed by Seoul?

Still contemplating several possibilities though haha. How many days in each city would be good?