TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Dipper (Side Friction) [RCT2]

Whew, it's been a while since I finally fell back to good ol' TPR. Family drama, friend drama, and schoolwork pulled me away pretty abruptly, but I'm finally back baby!

Since it's been such a long time, I've decided that I'm gonna come back into my usual groove slowly, starting off with the older games, and then I'll move back up to NL. Either way, I'm starting off with the misfit of all RCT 2 coasters. The groovy little side friction coaster never got as much respect as I think it deserved, so here's my first track in a good long while: Cedar Dipper.

Comments greatly appreciated!

950675924_CedarDipper1.jpg.94c3eef6adb5336582f6341bc437a0d8.jpg

An overview of the coaster with scenery and everything. The station building and queue building are connected this time around. The track itself has a canopy structure at the top of the lift hill, and two tunnels. One hiding a pretty speedy double down, and the other hiding a "surprise" dip towards the end of the track.

1923085150_CedarDipper2.jpg.d17d0e1c7f040193e3737b7dfaab1cf9.jpg

The whole layout without scenery. The ride is full of double downs, and has a pretty dense structure.

Cedar Dipper.TD6

The Track

Edited by xascher

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So glad to see such a coaster put out. Side Frictions are so hard to build, well not really it's just hard to make one look nice. You have managed to take a very underappreciated coaster type and put it in the kind of positive light it should be. Well done! Great use of NCS also. Hope this inspires more players to add this coaster type into their parks. I have always loved how the lift chain sounds on this type of coaster. It has such a classic ting, ting sound to it. Best lift sound in the game if I was to pick one.

For your next release could you please post a small park with the ride and all it's scenery sitting on it instead of just a TD6 (track) file? The reason I ask is that it would be much easier for everyone to just open a park to see your work rather than having to go into the editor and making a park just to view it.