TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New York Parks

Doodle

Basically, I'm going to New York state sometime this Summer. It'll be my first time in the United States... EVER!!! (Yes, I am very sad and pathetic) Getting to the point, does anybody know any decent to good parks in or near New York state suitable for a day trip? Emphasis on decent to good.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

New York's pretty huge so it depends on where in particular you are going.

If the city I'd suggest Coney Island for a half day trip and you could do each Great Adventure, Dorney, Lake Compounce, and Six Flags New England in about a one to one and a half hour car trip.

Then if your going Mid State I guess the Great Escape is really your only choice.

And if your over by the falls then Darien Lake is most likely the only thing possibly worth the drive there.

We were planning on doing a road trip all over the state, visiting landmarks and going camping and stuff like that. We were going to visit New York City as well, of course. So Six Flags Great Adventure would probably be good for a day trip from there.

Thanks for the tips.