TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Search Function

MattyD

This may sound stupid but I recently started a thread that got locked all because I couldn't find anything close using the search function but it turned out the thread already existed and I just want to improve my future posts! All I am asking is could people give me some advice on using the forum search function?

There are many check boxes and stuff and I think maybe I am missing something because last time I tried to search I came up hundreds of threads, none of which seemed to relate to what I was going to post about, but someone else managed to find the existing thread, any ideas what I might have been doing wrong?

Also is there anyway you can search by thread title rather than words in the content of the thread? Again I am probably missing something!

I don't mean to be a Dumbass but I just want to make sure I don't make the same mistake again and that way my future posts on this brilliant site might be better!

Thanks,

Matt

-What's the betting this thread already exists and my inability to use the search function properly has resulted in me looking stupid again?!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Carnage, I've found that one now, that's quite helpful for finding threads with similar subject matter and has been very useful, as I said - I knew it was probably there but I just find the search function a bit confusing, probably because it has so many useful options and I havent quite worked it all out yet, thanks for the help!

Also, thank you Red B, I will try that in future as well, hopefully that will help and I will be better at finding threads now and won't make the same mistakes again!

Thank you both!

Matt