TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lisebergs (Sweden) future

Liseberg future plans rocks?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Liseberg future plans rocks?

• Yes
    • No

This post will contain everything i know about the future of the Swedish park Liseberg and everything i know about the future expansion.

Everything single detail will be listed here. Please use this thread only for news about Liseberg and comments about the future plans.

Well, let´s start with the new additions for the 2008 season. Evert Taubes World, that will contain a audio-visual centre about the Swedish singer. The area will also contain a new restaurant and a new scene where Everts son Sven-Bertil will be the first person to perform.

During the summer season 2008 a new garden will open. It will be 20,000 sq m.

The investment for Evert Taubes World only will rise to 120 MSEK, and the cost for the new garden is still unknown.

I have snapped up information that says that a TopSpin-style of ride can be built for the 2009 season to replace the old TopSpin that was removed after the 2006 season.

Well, if you think this is interest you will find out that the text that will come will be far more interesting.

Liseberg to expand further 35,000 sq m.

Background:

Back in 1992 Liseberg was allowed to expand in the eastern part, that expansion was completed by 1997 as Kållerado and Liseberg harbour opened. The park made some changes and moved personal rooms and storages to make room for Balder that opened 2003.

But also back in 1992 was allowed to make a bigger expansion where Lisebergs parking area now is located. The development started during 2002/2003 and during 2004 a first plan was revealed of how the new area would be used.

In the west part a new building that will contain restaurants, cinemas etc and other services that can be connected to a amusement park was set to be built. The building will also reduce noise from the park.

In the southern part of the new area a new parking house with 1500-2000 new places for cars and buses would be built. That had to be done as the existing 900 places would now become amusement park.

The rest of the old parking area was set to become amusement park with rides, restaurants, games etc.

During 2006 the expansion plans was put on hold due to the new underground railway plans.

We still wait for the final decision to be taken, but according to my source it is likely that the final decision of where the railway will become built will be taken in September or October 2007.

Thanks to the delay all plans has to be done from the beginning, so expect all decisions hopefully be in place during 2010.

My personal thoughts is that the new area will open for the 2013 season. To celebrate Lisebergs 90th anniversary.

The only thing i know about the rides is that a "Roller Coaster in the Dark" has been mentioned as well as most of the new area will be used for all-year round services so most of the rides here will be used both for the summer season and Christmas at Liseberg.

I´ll keep you all informed when something new happens.

lisebergexp.jpg.27070cd27b9fa99cc79448631e5445ac.jpg

Picture that shows the area where Liseberg hopefully will be allowed to expand during the coming years.

The picture comes from kartor.eniro.se

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images