TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

San Fran area hotels - need some advice...

Ok, I'm getting some details done for my August 10-14th trip to N. California and my last part is booking hotels.

I could definitely use some advice because most of the San Fran area hotels I'm looking at are $150+ per night and for such a long trip thats a bit much.

I'm looking for a good hotel that is close to SBC park or you can take public transport to SBC park for Friday-Sunday and I fly into San Jose on Wednesday and wouldn't mind getting a decent hotel in that area to base myself out of for 2 days alone.

Thanks for the help!

George

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying in Gilroy would probably be your best and cheapest bet. It's sort of an in between San Fran and SCBB. I stayed at a Super 8 last year for the Hollister motorcycle rally. It wasn't bad, like $64 for July 4th. My buddy had his Harley stolen from there though. I think Gregg(SuperCrack) stayed there also while he and his family were visiting NorCal last week.

Although, it's nice to stay in the city. My family and I stay at the Hyatt on Embrarcadaro for the huge T-Mobile bike race that is held there every year. It's like $325/night, but we never pay for it. One of the vendors from the bike race does.

Planning anything else besides SCBB and San Fran? What about SFMW, PGA or Bonfante Gardens?

Going to hit all of the above - figure SFMW and maybe PGA or SCBB on Wednesday and Bonafonte and PGA on Thursday, then my friends fly in and we're at SBC park on Friday and Saturday evenings with touristy San Francisco stuff during the day.

Was looking at rates and found a place mentioned in a TR on RRC called the Ocean View motel in San Francisco, close the Golden Gate park at $95/night and right next to a streetcar line and BART station.

Was looking at rates and found a place mentioned in a TR on RRC called the Ocean View motel in San Francisco, close the Golden Gate park at $95/night and right next to a streetcar line and BART station.

That's the one thing I didn't like about staying in the city, the noise of the BART & MUNI lines. I think we were like on the 27th floor or something... still heard every God damn thing going on at 330 in the morning.

Enjoy the Giants game. SBC Park is probably one of my favorite ballparks. Expect to pay upwards to $9.00 for a beer

These are the Hotels we stayed at on our Memorial Weekend trip:

Wednesday night:

Gilroy Super 8 $60 per night

Thursday night:

Vallejo Days Inn $55 per night

Friday/Saturday night:

Santa Clara Ramada Limited $55 per night

All hotels were clean and comfortable. I would stay in them again.