TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Joyland left to ROT and BURN?

www.screamscape.com/html/joyland1.htm

Park News - (5/18/07) While it seems the local media has very little to say about what is going on at Joyland, we’ve heard a few disturbing things this week, but unfortunately we can’t very any of this right now so we’ll have to leave this under the rumor category. Our source tells us that the Nelsons, since retaking control of the property last month, have begun to remove various attractions from the park. It seems there have been a few fires at the park in addition to the small one in the Wacky Shack on April 18th, it seems vandals have gained access to the park, left much graffiti and set a few more small fires. It kind of makes you wonder if anything will be left worth saving once final control and ownership of the park is established.

The Nelson's are being totally STUPID about this whole situation. I guess I should go and see if anything has left. If it is true, I just lost all faith in the Nelson's. Maybe they've gone senile, and don't know what the hell they are doing now. Hopefully this is just a rumor (rides being removed) and not true. I don't see how they could really move anything out though, the only "portable" rides are the wave-swinger, and the round-up.. I really doubt they could even move the round-up, the tires on it's trailer have probably partially rotted by now.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That last line from the Screamscape quote pretty much sums it all up.

It really is getting hard to see much of a future for the park, but I still wish it could be saved. I wonder what the partners will do if they win their cases? I can see them turning Joyland into a paved paradise chock-full lower-end stores and pawn shops, but maybe they'll pursue the theme park industry again - maybe in a new city... It's doubtful, but they were obviously interested in running a theme park.

The condition they brought the park back from the first time was less than suitable , they wont give up. When I drove by last sunday everything looked ok. they definitely need to provide better security. At least Michael had someone keeping an eye on the park. Maybe the Nelsons dont care anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Another Vandalism:2801 S. Hillside, Joyland Amusement Park, June 8.

this is from todays paper.I think this is the third or fourth .At least Michael had someone watching the park and employees in and out.If Stan doesn't do a better job there may not be much left.Or it will be like starting from scratch.

I dont think WWW could buy the rides .there are rumors circulating that he only leased the rides.And also they are having other problems.His marketing director quit to go to Hershey Park and His chief financial officer stepped down due to "health reasons"

• 2 weeks later...

The date has been set for the protest.Please spread the word.

The protest will be held Monday July 23.11:00 - 12:00 and 2:00 - 3:00.Signs will be provided.Location : by city hall

New pictures in the gallery.I really like the picture from the scrambler.

• 1 month later...