TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hey German Folks......quick question

Hey all you international TPR kids.

Im in the middle of planning a trip to Scandi and Germany and wondering if I can get some help. As of right now we are doing a week in Scandi and then 9 days in Germany.

The trip is tentatively starting the first weekend in August (Finland) then from there we will be doing Germany about a week later. Something scared me though....I heard that this is a big holiday time in Germany where everything shuts down and everyone goes on vacation. Is this true? Is it a bad time to go to the parks then? If we were to move this trip around, when would be an ideal time to take this trip? End of July?? End of August???

Any answers would be appreciated. If you are real curious and helpful, I will email you the tentative itinerary and maybe someone could make this trip a little bit smoother!

Thanks in advance.

matt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not really German but I went to Europa Park last summer on 20th july and there where ALOT of schoolchildren in the park. So I assume they where all on a trip with their school after the exams. I also thought the holiday started for them a week later (but isn't that different for the different regio's in Germany?).

So I would advice you to do your trip in the first half of July.

Is it a bad time to go to the parks then? If we were to move this trip around, when would be an ideal time to take this trip? End of July?? End of August???

Any answers would be appreciated. If you are real curious and helpful, I will email you the tentative itinerary and maybe someone could make this trip a little bit smoother!

Thanks in advance.

matt

Hi matt.

I'm from Germany, so here are some answers.

August 1st till31st is holiday time indeed, so some parks can be real crowdy.

Europapark is usually one of the most crowded parks, so try to do it on Saturday/Sunday if possible.

Weekend during Holiday is usual the better time in the parks

If you are looking for a better time, you'll probably have to wait until the kids are back in school - in september.

This could be a great deal, because most of the german parks are open during the weekdays then and its real all-over-the-day ERT-funtime if you are lucky.

Hope i could help , any questions left?

Werner

so try to do it on Saturday/Sunday if possible.

I hope you typed that wrong cause going to EP in the weekend is asking for trouble

If there's school holiday in Germany/Switzerland/France then weekend is very much the better time. This is my painful experience.

But i just checked this one here:

If you consider doing it on Saturday/Sunday then get a hotel room.

Sorry for that, CU in Germany

Werner

so try to do it on Saturday/Sunday if possible.

I hope you typed that wrong cause going to EP in the weekend is asking for trouble

If there's school holiday in Germany/Switzerland/France then weekend is very much the better time. This is my painful experience.

But i just checked this one here:

If you consider doing it on Saturday/Sunday then get a hotel room.

Sorry for that, CU in Germany

Werner

Didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!

Sorry Werner, but I also have to say that Europapark is too busy on a weekend, and I`ve so many visits to this great park (even my wedding was their) - so I`ll never would hit EP on a saturday/sunday if I can avoid it (but most times I can`t avoid it).

BUT as wrebbit said, the german holidays depending on the regions. So if you`ll like to hit some parks in the middle of germany like Phantasialand or the Movie Park you`re more lucky because this region called "Nordrhein-Westfalen" has to begin with school on the 6th of august.

And you don`t have to be too frightened about our holiday time because nothing is closed and you`ll have probably the most wonderful weather. And all parks don`t have so long queues like in the states!

And by the way our south german site www.coasterfriends.de has also a international message section - and yes, we`re friendly too

So if you`ve further questions just let me know!

Greetinx

Andy