TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT][RCT2] RCT Sound Pack Application

Hey guys.

I made something recently I thought I'd share to the various RCT communities. I'm not sure how useful people will find it but it could be a big boon for people making recreations in RCT 1 or 2.

RCTSP is a small application that allows the park specific installation of custom sounds within both RCT LL and RCT 2 parks.

Both RCT’s allow the installation of custom music under two files called Custom1.wav and Custom2.wav, It’s been known for a long time that the .dat files found within both RCT’s data folder are .wav files with a different extension however its a fiddly business swapping them around for each and every park you want to view.

RCTSP allows the automatic loading of a sound pack with each individual park with significantly more custom music/sounds than before. The program will also restore the defaults automatically after closing the program and allow the easy creation of your own sound packs for distribution.

Including the Custom1 and Custom2.wav files RCTSP will allow up to 25 custom music/sound files for RCT LL and 8 for RCT2 (due to an annoying anti cheat put in by Chris Sawyer in RCT2) and its super easy to use.

I'm not entirely sure anyone will ever use it but It is a nice exercise in coding for me It's a bit rough around the edges but I'll keep working on it.

Full instruction and download can be found here.

http://vhcoasters.com/rct-sp/

Thanks to Airtime for letting me use his Thorpe Park as a test bed too

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh... Its fine. its just Norton being overactive. I haven't figured out why it does that. Perhaps if I change the download to a zip it will be fine.

Any other reason given? Works fine on this PC with ESET Anti Virus.

If you check the similar threads and New Element and Reddit its been used fine.