TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood trip report - July 6th, 2015

So I took my family down to Pigeon Forge for the last couple days and went to visit Dollywood today. I have to say, I abssolute5 love the atmosphere. The staff are crazy friendly, the location is ideal, and the theming is top notch. I'll post a couple pics below of the rides, and my opinions of them (taken with my Galaxy S6 Edge).

We made it! First thing off the bat, the parking is crazy. Much longer driving even to the toll booths than we expected. After that, there were multiple parking lots. Ended up parking in A, grabbed our tickets, and headed over to the Sweet Shop and got some candy. Then we went over to the Time Savers building to reserve them. Definitely useful today as it was slightly busy.

First ride we went to was Thunderhead. We cut through the path to the left of the main entrance and got there quite quick. The ride ultimately became my favorite there. We're used to Mean Streak. This was amazing. Multiple twists and turns, and relentless on the airtime. Rode it 4x by the end of the day.

After finding out that Mystery Mine was down, we reserved a spot for Fire Chaser Express. I loved the smoothness of it, and the thing was really good. The ride itself was moderately fast, and the launch (and that fire) were awesome. Only got to ride it twice. Shame. 2x, 8/10.

After a ride on Mystery Mine (which by the way, ow), and a cool down on the Mack Splash Battle (so fun by the way), we reserved a spot for Wild Eagle. Did the front right wing and back left wing. Definitely two different experiences, and I found the left wing to be easier to handle, and a better view. Regardless, the view from up there is unforgettable, and the ride itself is a standard B&M, with a unique train (very detailed). We've been on Gatekeeper several times, so the experience is similar. One up for Wild Eagle though, mainly for the view.

After a few rides on Wild Eagle, we decided to brave the Arrow and go to Tennessee Tornado. As someone here said, the did find Jesus while building this one. Been on a few Arrow loopers, and I liked the layout on this one the best. That airtime at the end was surprising. 1x, 7/10.

Ended the day with the Dollywood Express. Such a pretty ride, and the stream engine was beautiful. Only downside was the cinder in my eyes. Ow:(

Finished it with cinnamon bread from the Grist Mill. Totally worth it.

Overall, very friendly staff. Great locations. The right about of rides and the right types of rides. Can't wait for that launched RMC next year! Thanks for reading!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days