TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Good Computer Build for NL2?

I've been having issues with my computer running NL2. The most I can squeeze out of it is about 13 FPS. The computer I've been running it on is a 2009 HP PC that I got from a friend. It's obviously nothing special, just a basic home platform. It was never designed for any big games like this.

I have been looking into majorly overhauling it possibly to retrofit it with hardware that can handle the simulator better. Would it be worth buying say a new video card, processor, etc. to handle this software or would I be better off just buying a new computer? I don't want too spend an arm and a leg, yet I'm not trying to skimp out on stuff.

I can definitely provide its current specs at some point to gain opinions and possible upgrades I can do. My end goal is that I will be able to build bigger coasters and parks where I won't have to deal with lagging issues. As an engineer, this will also assist me while rendering in CAD programs so I can do more work at home. Thank you in advance!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my system's current hardware:

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (very poor)

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor (decent speed but only dual core)

RAM: 3.8 GB (probably needs upgrade)

As you can tell, it is a very simple computer made for home use only. Would I be better off getting a new one, or just upgrading to new hardware. I really want to be able to use NL2 without lag, even if it is a bigger park.

I would personally just build a new one, but if you want to budget it, you could swap out some parts if everything isn't integrated. Surprisingly, the game only requires 2 gigs of ram, and a 2.4 ghz dual core. So what's slowing you down could be the graphics. If you have an open pci slot I would recommend getting a GTX 750 ti, which runs for about 129.99, though I have seen it go as low as 99.99. I have also seen videos of people putting one into a prebuilt computer.

Hope that helps.

It's definitely the graphics slowing me down, it's probably the cheapest most basic card there can be.

Although my processor is only dual core, it gets 3 Ghz, which is a lot for that.

My only issue is that the video card is the only integrated part, so I think that I'll see what my PCIE options are, or just build one myself.