TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2 Parks in 48 Hours ? Holland weekend advice needed.

d_gil72

Hi,

I have about 48 Hours to spend in Holland at the end of the month (25-26 of february).

I was thinking of doing a mini-marathon and visit Efteling and Toverland day after day.

I'm just not sure if it is doable or not? Or a good idea over all? Is riding a coaster at the end of feb. tempreturs still fun ??

Google maps show the drive from amsterdam to efteling as about 1hr and from efteling to toverland as another 1hr or so.

As i'm landing in Amsterdam in the the morning.i thought i can make a few hours stop at efteling than head to toverland after efteling close,

The next day - spending a few hours at toverland and head back to amsterdam in the evening.

I have never been to holland before,so i'm not sure if it's as quick to get to the park as it looks.

Would love to hear advice from who ever lives/know the area.

Keep in mind that:

* My main reason for this trip is efteling's and toverland's wooden roller coasters.

* As i understood from advice of people in this forum toverland opens "troy" only on weekends ,and after 12:00 usually.

* The trip plan depends mainly on weather conditions.

* Would you rather visit one park only (which?) and spend a day in Amsterdam instead?

Thank's!

Gil

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible. But i would visit Toverland in the weekend if Troy is your biggest reason... Because it will be open more often/longer.

Your planning is possible to do! That's a fact! The parks are not such a distance away! I would absolutely go with the plan.

Troy is a verry good coaster! And Toverland itself is verry nice as wel...

Efteling has some amazing rides. Pyton will most likely be closed! I planned George and the dragon this saterday, havn't been on it!

So, i hope you will have a nice 2 days!!!

Thanks Typhoon,

It looks like the weather next weekend is going to be sunny!

looking fwd for a great trip.

Do you think efteling going to be crowded next friday?

How are the lines these days?

Let me know how was your trip to efteling this sat!

Thanks

gil

Hey, me again, with the report of yesterday! I am very disappointed to say that our day was kind of a bummer. When we arrived at the park after a 2,5h drive. We saw (after entering the 10euro expensive parking lot) that George and the Dragon AND The Flying Dutchman would be closed for today! According to the site, both attractions should be running today. Except in bad weather conditions. It wasn't freezing at all, and the rain kept out as well! still you pay the price of 29 euro's to enter the park. (Even if you know that together with 2coasters down, there biggest darkride "Fata Morgana" is closed due to maintenance. 3 major rides down. As a compensation they opened up Pyton (a VekUMBAK, best combination ever ). That's WAY better than a GCI woody.

The worst part is, around 3pm the trains on the woody stood still in the station, ready for the next day! The park had 5 more hours of operation to go... Open it up!!! And everybody is happy! Didn't happen. As an extra, one of the 2 Pyton trains was removed off the track due to mechanical failure!

As far as the crowds go it was a nice day. All rides had a 10 to 20minute waiting time! And many people where going to see if the new ride wasn't open...

So actually we picked the worst day out of the season to visit the park. As this is not the normal way of operation in Efteling! I think i'm going to visit the park again in march, hopefully with more success on the 2 latest rides!!! (and by then Fata Morgana will be open as well).

So as you can see, not only Six Flags parks have bad operation day's

I hope when you visit the park d_gil72 you will be more lucky then we where!

Hi typhoon,

thanks for the quick trip report!

It does sound like a bad day

I would have been really disappointed if i was there for only one day and 3 major rides were not running.

I understand from your post that they opened Python especially? Why do they won't run it in winter usually?

I can't seem to find any notice on the park's site that mentions which rides are closed today,do they post it on line?

can't see any notice about fata morgana being closed down for rehab..

You said it took you 2.5 hours to get there - is that from amsterdam?

Thank you again,

Gil

Hi typhoon,

thanks for the quick trip report!

It does sound like a bad day

I would have been really disappointed if i was there for only one day and 3 major rides were not running.

I understand from your post that they opened Python especially? Why do they won't run it in winter usually?

I can't seem to find any notice on the park's site that mentions which rides are closed today,do they post it on line?

can't see any notice about fata morgana being closed down for rehab..

You said it took you 2.5 hours to get there - is that from amsterdam?

Thank you again,

Gil

No, I live in Belgium, West-Flanders. From Amsterdam it's not such a far way to drive! The site mentions that Fata Morgana is closed for rehab. But there is no mention about DVH! Normally Pyton is closed from 29november until 28februari. But sinds DVH is closed it seems that Pyton is running as a compensation. In the winter it's too cold for Pyton. It would stall. Sinds the temperature was quite good yesterday, it was operating.

Maintenance date's are found on the site. I don't think I can post any direct link to the site. Sinds I don't have 50 posts... So I am sorry. But if you go to the efteling site > "het park" > "Attracties" > "Attracties in onderhoud". There you find the closed rides.