TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Corvette

Hi everyone!

Is there anyone in here more than me that owns a Corvette? Mine is a 1987 Convertible which i bought to myself for my 21th birthday. That means i´ve owned her for 4 years now.

During these 4 years, i´ve replaced the convertible top and restored the mechanics for it, i also built in a Hifi sound system with subwoofers in the trunk lid built out of Kenwood parts and swedish DLS plus alot of small things.

The car has now a ACI (American Custom Industries) spoilerkit but i´ve bought myself a REAL Greenwood Motorsports kit with venturi tunnel (this makes my Corvette the only one here i n Sweden with that) kit that arrived here last winter from Florida...Now i need to save up money to repaint it. They charge you horribly much money for that in Sweden. I LOVE Corvettes and since it is an American car, it makes me love you American people also, yaaaaay

Anyways..Just curious if there is anyone in here that also has a Corvette?

// Robert

1856582954_biltvttsommarmtet.thumb.JPG.e415de54419c198c0ec91817ee88f4b7.JPG

The blue one is mine, and it´s also me walking around in the black shirt. Currently washing it up (we´re at the big Corvette meet in Sweden).

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always found it weird that American sports cars were even available in Europe... I think I saw 2 'vettes over there last summer, and with all the great European firms and their cars it was just odd to me. Part of that may be because I don't particularly cherish the Corvette, but hey, its still 10 times better than a mustang!

and yeah, y'all get raped. I remember seeing a comparison of some cars and the price over here was something like half that of the same car in Sweden once you did the currency exchange...

Well actually...We do have many Corvettes in Sweden! Only in CCS (Club Corvette Sweden) we´re about 2100 members, where each member has a minimum of 1 Corvette...There´s also members with 2 or more Corvettes! And then we have all those non members...So we have quite many Corvettes here!

Well...great European firms...hmm...i don´t know about that. I´m embarassed to say that i live in the country where they produce junk like Volvo and Saab. Horrible cars! They are ugly, expensive, bad bad bad quality, boring-oh so boring-and they have horrible service centres for these cars. If you do want to pay 40.000 USD for a brand new car, then you can buy yourself a BMW or Mercedes, the smaller models...If you´re lucky, you´ll get power windows in that price and if you charm the salesman, maybe you get a set of 14" alu-rims in it...But forget about the leather interior, ecc and all that. And don´t forget to update your datasystem, replace the battery and replace the fuelpump directly after your purchase. Otherwise you won´t drive many miles with your brand new BMW....They certainly know how to build cars....eerhm..

There´s a Mercedes parked outside my window now, just seeing it makes me tired...

The cars here are so boring! On the other hand, you have so many awesome models that we never will see here in Sweden. Such as Infinity´s models. They are awesome, but the brand doesn´t even exist here!

And how awesome isn´t Ford´s Typhoon? Ford SVT Lightning are soo MACHO!! I can keep it going all the day.

Well...the price for a Corvette here in Sweden is quite affordable. The thing is. A Corvette is cheaper in USA, yes, BUT. It´s all the charges that will be added that makes you sick.

For example. My Greenwood kit..The kit cost 1.599,00 USD. Now, with the shipping costs, VAT, custom fees, it ended up with a total cost of 3.319,00 USD...YES. You got it right, shipping costs, VAT, Taxes, Custom fees and all that cost MORE than the parts itself. That´s the Swedish tax system. You gotta love it...

And we don´t even got awesome things like TTD or Kingda Ka....I think i´m gonna emmigrate!!