TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] River Run Timeline Park (1965)

Hello Everyone after reading Password's thread. I decided to do my own timeline project. This is a 50 year timeline project called RiverRun. It is my first RCT3 project so don't expect amazing stuff.

A few notes before we get started.

1) This thread is heavily based on Password' Idea even this section is based on him.

2) My RCT3 skills are what they are.

3) I may occasionally provide "quotes" from the "owner," or something along those lines. However, generally I will just explain the progress in my own words with screenshots.

A) I will occasionally provide video. "Trailers" It won't happen every post.

B) I will occasionally do ad posters. It won't happen every post.

4) The "timeline" begins in 1965 and ends in 2015 is the 50th season.

5) I greatly encourage feedback. If you have a better idea, let me know and I will do my best to directly respond to you. I may also ask you for ideas/feedback.

6) The goal of this project is to be realistic in two separate manners:

A) I am using in game money and have a max loan of $100,000. Real parks don't have unlimited funds to build coasters every year.

B) I will only construct coasters in a realistic manner and time frame. In other words, I'm not going to build a B&M hyper in 1980.

7) I have horrid grammar and spelling. (IKO)

8) I will update sometime between friday and sunday of each week.

Located on land formerly used as a Mississippi spillway River Run began construction on December 6th 1964. Initial costs for the project were estimated at $20 million (Amount adjusted to modern day value). The project ran dramatically over budget. With a open date being forced by investors upon the Johan family, the owners of the park, the park struggled to hit its April 2 open date. The design of the main coaster was drastically altered. Despite this the park opened April 2nd to just under 30,000 people.

River_Ru_02.thumb.png.18761bdd7f716b984ed679f310857a25.png

RiverRun poster

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

((So some things I know about

1)) The park is very angular. This is because of a multitude of reasons all of which I can't fix. Or I want it that way.

2)) The Skyway stations need fixing.

3)) Anything feedback I would love to have

))

1965 in review.

On April 2nd River Run Pleasure Pier opened to the public. An instant hit the park, despite being rushed through building, was wildly successful. The Lighthouse (Helter Skelter) and The Grand (Ferris Wheel) were very popular. The elaborate and expensive Haunted House was the busiest attraction but suffered some nightmarish downtime. Danger Dips surprisingly settled into a medium popularity and seems to have short wait lines. However the short ride time and two trains may offer some explanation. The Grand has been closed at the end of the 1965 season after the heavy rainfall closing out October. No news yet as to the reason of the closure just that the park hopes to have the signature ride reopened for the start of the 1966 season.

A large area of land has been blocked of moving into the 1966 season but what will it be?