TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL2] Project Krakatoa

Little thing I'm working on. A B&M launched sitdown coater sitting in a polynesian environment with a volcano. I have posted most of the pictures in other threads, but I'm reposting them here for those who havn't seen them.

The layout

I might change the ending. Everything until the second loop will stay (with minor modifications). I'm thinking about getting rid of that loop, because the pacing in the second half is a bit slow. Elements are (in order):

- 64Km/h kaunch into zero G roll

- Immelmann

- Loop

- Zero G roll

- Cobra Roll

- Corckscrew

Stats are similar to Hulk at IOA.

The theming

As you can see in the concepts, the volcano will be the centerpiece. It will erupt everytime a train goes over it. There will be a splash at the bottom of the first drop. Behind the Moais, there will be a polynesian village which will serve as queue/station/transfer/shop... More to be announced soon.

The plans

I hope to finish the trackwork this month so I can have a entire month to do the theming. So, estimated release date is end of march.

The future

A second themed are with an Intamin Blitz. This time Aztec/Mayan theming (kind of a tribute to my older, lost Intamin Blitz, although this time it will be more family oriented

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is amazing. Awesome layout, It screams B&M. If your going to get rid of the second loop then maybe do a high speed overbanked curve with a sharp change of direction after up into the MCBR. Looking forward to seeing the Intamin coaster.

Thanks! I have some different ideas for that part. I will be showing them next week. I'm thinking about something like that too,

Anyway, some more pictures. I made a station today because I was bored. Textures didn't work well, but it doesn't matter. They will when everything is finished.

As you can see in the 4th picture, the ride is buried in a trench. You will be able to see the entire coaster from the path.

• 2 months later...