I'm a New Yorker and have just gotten word that I will be traveling with work to Japan at the end of September. I am extending my trip so that I can travel to Tokyo (specifically Tokyo Disney) from Kyoto. I am aiming to take the bullet train from Kyoto in the morning. I would arrive in Tokyo in the afternoon of October 1.
I work in theatre and film; I am particularly interested in the detailed storytelling of the parks. I will be traveling by myself. I have half a day October 1, full days October 2,3,4, and need to leave early on the 5th.
1. What hotel do you recommend of the "Disney Resort Official Hotels"? Is it an easy walk from any of these hotels? I cannot afford Miracosta, Disneyland Hotel, or Ambassador. It looks like I have to book a reservation ASAP.
2. Disneyland - what rides do you recommend I hit first? What should I aim to get fastpass for? I hear the only single rider available is Splash Mountain
3. DisneySea -what rides do you recommend I hit first? What should I aim to get fastpass for? I hear the only single rider is Indiana Jones.
4. I would like to see as much as possible in both parks. For the sake of time, however, what attractions can I keep at the bottom of the list? I have been to both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort many times.
1. I am strongly considering using one of my full days or my half day to travel into the city of Tokyo. Has anyone found this easy to do from TD? I'd feel pretty silly not seeing the city. I'd then purchase a three day magic purchase so I can hop between Disneyland and DisneySea the third day? Does this sound doable?
2. Has anyone used the bullet train? It looks like I can't reserve a bullet train ticket in advance that goes from Kyoto to Tokyo. Any advice regarding the bullet train would be greatly appreciated!
Like I said, I think I need to do this ASAP. Any information helps!