Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
On the other side of the camera

Postby WillMontu » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:16 am

I recently received a survey invitation from Universal regarding the type of music to be used on the ride. Participants are asked to rate a selection of songs as to how well they would work on such a ride

Some of the songs proposed:

All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Corw
Stay Fly by Three Six Mafia
Jumpin Jumpin by Destiny's Child
Dirty Harry by Gorillaz
Let Me In by Young Buck
Devil Went Down To Georgia by Charlie Daniels Band
Temple Of Syrinx by Rush
Vicarious by Tool

Link to the survey: http://www.visitorsatisfaction.com/rockit

Unfortunately, Final Countdown was not a option

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:36 am

Young Buck? REALLY? Was there no other worthy representative for the hip hop community?
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:08 pm

They also had Jay Z, Tupac, and Run DMC. There were others but I don't really know much about Hip Hop or Rap. I have taken the survey twice and there is a pretty wide selection. I was just happy to see some 80's Metal. Judas Priest-Another thing comin. Alice in Chains- Man in the box, both would be awesome if chosen. Take the survey, they let you comment on 50 songs or so. The second time taking the survey I had all new songs to choose from.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby chuckle » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:22 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_ ... de,_Rockit

Wikipeda has some info (you might know it allready but I don't have the time to read through 17 pages) and they also have the track layout. Looks allright.

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:42 pm

I havnt payed much attention to this coaster. It looks interesting and pretty cool! I really like what they named the elements of the coaster though!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Construction should pick up pretty soon. According to screamscape a large crane with a drill is now on site for the HRRR. ...Maybe we'll be seeing some footers soon. I'm heading over to USF in two weeks, so I'll keep an eye out.

I'm a hammerhead shark!

Postby Jumboshrmp » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:26 pm

I took that music survey and there were a few cool song choices. Most of them I had actually never heard of though.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby JFrombaugh » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:16 pm

I suspect the name "Double Take" will be used throughout the enthusiast community, because so far this is the only coaster Maurer has installed the element onto. It might even be used in RCDB because of that. As for the other names, probably not.

I don't know how the Double Take will feel though, that climbing twist into the loop could be kinda painful...

I know Universal will do a good job with this ride, although I'm sure most enthusiasts will probably find that it doesn't quite measure up to X2 at SFMM (it could be a surprise big hit though!).

One question: I heard a rumor that people would be able to bring their iPods and use whatever music they had on there for use in their on-ride video if they decide to purchase one. Is this true? If so, that'd be AWESOME!!!! :b :br I'll probably compose a sort of X2-like compilation of songs for use in my onride video when I ride it.

Also, does this ride have any inversions? I don't think it does, but it's hard to tell from the blueprint photos, there could a heartline roll or something hidden in there. The "Treble Clef" looks like it could have a dive loop too.
Favorite Wood: Boardwalk Bullet @ Kemah Boardwalk
Favorite Steel: Millennium Force @ Cedar Point

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:58 pm

JFrombaugh wrote:I suspect the name "Double Take" will be used throughout the enthusiast community, because so far this is the only coaster Maurer has installed the element onto. It might even be used in RCDB because of that. As for the other names, probably not.

I don't know how the Double Take will feel though, that climbing twist into the loop could be kinda painful....

I recreated a version on nolimits and it was pretty tamed. It wasnt going super fast over it, as I assume rockit wouldnt either, but I didnt see any problem with it!

"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:41 pm

Jfrombaugh,
I have heard the same rumor about Peripheral devices and providing your own music, however, I think it was associated with the multi media X-car and not this ride. I can't imagine Universal would allow it considering what people would bring in.
As far as inversions go, the official text that was leaked by a person attending Grad Night (the same person who took pictures of the layout found on page 10 of this thread) described the Jump Cut as a spiraling negative G camelback. I am pretty sure that means inversion but can't be sure.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!