TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Fast Food thread

ebl

^Chipotle is very good, one of my favorites. But they can be problematic in downtown areas with a lot of office workers where your choices are:

1) Wait in a 30 minute line to get your burrito.

2) Send in your order via the Internet and have it be cold even if you pick it up exactly at the time they're supposed to have it ready. You can't circumvent this by putting your order in last minute (preventing them from making it ahead) because they're likely to give you something absurd like 2 PM as the earliest possible pick up time.

3) Eat lunch at an odd time, like 3 PM.

Still, it's a great place, better than a lot of the crappier sit-down Mexican chains, like Don Pablos.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started working at McDonald's a few months ago on the grill. People usually say you start to hate the food once you work there, but I actually like it slightly more since I've started eating Quarter Pounders w/ Cheese recently. Besides Mickey D's, I love Wendy's, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Checkers, and the single time I've had Carl's Jr. on vacation.

"I absolutely hate 1,000 Island dressing (always order it without)" (cfc)

I'm right there with you, Chuck. That stuff...eh, I won't go there...better to get your burger the way you like it, and In-N-Out'll do it for you if you ask. I've never had a problem.

Of course, as I've said, I order the Flying Dutchman (part of their "secret" menu). That's just two burger patties and two slices of cheese that you eat with a fork and knife. A rather dainty way to eat at In-N-Out, but it cuts the carbs for those needing to do so.

Eric

I had a Thickburger from Hardee's (the East Coast variant of Carl's Jr.) and it was THE BEST HAMBURGER I've ever tried EVER! It was not only twice the size of every single other "big" fast food burger I've eaten, but 2x better! I'd hate to say it, but I thought it was better than Chick-fil-A, which is extremely good.

I still haven't tried In N Out or Five Guys, but those are definitely on my list of fast food restaraunts I need to try...

Favorites *

- Hardees

- Chick-fil-A

- Panera Bread

- Subway

- Arby's

- Taco Bell

- KFC

- Burger King

- Mc Donald's

- Popeyes

* I don't regard pizza restaurants to be fast food.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I like Chipotle and 5 Guys as well, and our shopping center has both. Chick Fil-A too though our closest one is in the mall and that means crowds and lines. The rest of fast food is an occasional thing for me.

Just tried Canes on Saturday for the first time. It's a Louisiana-only chain of chicken finger places, and while the chicken itself isn't jaw-dropping, their "Canes sauce" is pretty stellar. As one friend said, if Jesus had a favorite sauce, it'd probably be Canes sauce.

Oh, and as a transplanted-SoCal resident, In n Out is still heaven to me. I miss double doubles like no other...

I'm addicted to Chipotle. Now that I'm out of college and not living on my own anymore, I don't have it nearly as much, but if I get the chance to go out and eat, that'll be one of my top choices. I'm also kinda in love with Taco Bell, even though I know its just about the worst quality of food available. True, it may be bad, but mixed all together its like heaven inside a tortilla.

I'm not sure we have Del Taco around here, I know there's a few Baja Fresh (even though I've never been, and I hear its more like Chipotle than Taco Bell), but the only "super-fast" Mexican we have is TB.

EDIT - ahh, look at that. Being the genius that I am, I decided the check the Del Taco website. The only one in Ohio is in Toledo, so its just TB for me around C-bus.

^ I'm surprised that you have Baja Fresh, but not Del Taco (close to you, anyway). I say that because I've always thought of Del Taco as a much bigger chain than Baja Fresh (which was founded just over the hill from me in Newbury Park). But I'm sure fast food chain locations are determined by market research, and apparently, Del Taco didn't feel that your area was suitable for some reason.

Baja Fresh is good, as is El Pollo Loco. Not great, but good. As I stated before, I'm just not that into Chipotle.

Eric

Chipotle just opened in Williamsburg last year, but I haven gotten around to trying it yet. There's a similar chain called California Tortilla (which originated in Washington, D.C.) that makes pretty good steak quesadillas (and they have a good, smoky-tasting chipotle sauce). Moe's just opened here late last year, too (I do like those joints).

The only one in Ohio is in Toledo, so its just TB for me around C-bus.

I've visited that Toledo location a few times. It seems like a slightly improved version of Taco Bell. I've developed a strong preference for real tacos: aka corn tortillas, diced onion, cilantro, lime juice, and NO sour cream.

• 2 weeks later...
I never thought of KFC as ghetto, but I often get the runs after eating there. What's in their food anyway?

Being the fast food junkie that I am, I go to all of them except Subway (don't care for deli sandwiches). My favorites, however, in no particular order, are In-N-Out, Carl's Jr., and Del Taco.

Eric

Since when does ghetto mean giving you the runs? That means your body does not like it.

Anyway...

My faves:

McDonalds

Panda Express

Subway

Baja Fresh

Qdoba

Long John Silver's

Saladworks

Z Burger

Chop'd (DC Chain)

Dunkin Donuts