TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coffee

phazan

DCA Mochas at Schmoozies are the single best coffee drink ever. Oh my god there is so much chocolate, and it is frozen expresso, so its good for a few hours. I miss my moms starbucks winter blend, I liked it quite a bit. I also love my college's coffee shop and am quite a fan of either java chip on a hot day or a Caramel Mocha on a colderf day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was the only one in the family I grew up in (seven people total) that never liked or drank coffee. And now, I'm the only one in our household (of three) who doesn't drink it.

Strangely, though, the blend of coffee and chocolate is actually pretty good, and my favorite flavor of the M&Ms Premium candies is the Mocha one. Now, guess which one they don't make anymore?

Eric

My partner David got me a French Press coffee maker last Christmas, which I had already enjoyed and learned to use at my friend's home in Sweden who I visited with, just before the TPR Scandi Tour started up last June.

My press takes a coarse grind of coffee beans, and the little thing only makes two med-sized cups of coffee. That's enough for myself, as my partner doesn't drink coffee - at - all, heh heh.

But I like it, it makes having a cup of java a bit more interesting... and the used grinds are compostable!

(And I still have and enjoy my packets of Starbucks instant VIA, dark roast, lol...)

^ French presses are cool. You can make the coffee so strong with them. It always gives them a thick, smoothness kinda. I don't know how else to explain it haha. But I love grinding up some good coffee and using the press, I just don't do it every morning. Only on occasions when I have good coffee/time

• 3 weeks later...

I'm definitely not a connoisseur.

I drink black homemade coffee every morning, with no sugar.

When I go to Starbucks I get a java chip Frappuccino. I don't like "specialty" beverages from other places because it seems they're always either too sweet (McDonald's) or watered down (Costco).

Sometimes I'll get black coffee or espresso from Starbucks or another place, but not enough to develop a preference. I don't think coffee tastes that great to begin with, so I think pretty much everything's fine, except for certain brands of instant coffee.

I can't stand milk, creamer, or sugar. Nasty! Well, nasty and/or unsatisfying.

• 8 months later...

All right, super bump time but I've started to drink coffee a lot more now. I used to have it occasionally, but it had to be sweet, cause as a kid I tried black coffee once and it essentially scarred me for a while, because I though coffee to be very bitter. However, over the last few months I have weaned down the amount of sugar and creamer until where I am now, which is just coffee and a little bit of milk. I also don't like crazy hot drinks, so I enjoy warm coffee or iced coffee, but I never drink it too hot unless I'm somewhere cold. Lets discuss my new found love, your love, everything about coffee.

The Half the college experience is what I'm doing right now, a cup of coffee and a study session Ghost

I lived in Hong Kong for three years and really enjoyed 'Ready to Drink' coffee in a can...made by Nescafe and available in vending machines everywhere for about HK$5 ($0.75 US). Unfortunatley, after a brief test period in the U.S., it is no longer sold here. So now when I really get a craving for it, I have to import it at about $1.50 US per can. But, the next time you are in Hong Kong (or Japan, where I prefer Kirin Fire over the Nescafe brand) swipe you Octopus card on a vending machine in an MTR station and give it a try.

I live down the street from a Dunkin Donuts. I get their coffee every morning.

I love their coffee. Stores around here have just started carrying their grinds, it's great not to have to drive 15 minutes out of my way for their superior coffee.

Ehhh, I don't drink coffee much, but when my mother got a Nespresso coffee machine as a "gift" (she selected it herself) for mother's day, I started drinking a cup a week (usually on Mondays). Apparently I'm the best at making her (and my father's) foamed milk.

I have only tried the Ice Capps at Tim Horton's, but among us Canadians it's the best coffee on the planet, and you Americans are missing out. (By the way, Dunkin's SUCKS here)

• 1 year later...

Time to bump this thread because I just got the wordl's best coffee maker! This is kinda old "technology" meaning these have been out for a few years but they are still amazing! It makes a huge variety of flavors and it oxidizes the water which is supposed to make the taste more pure. I am not sure if that's true or not, but so far the three cups have been amazing!

My current "flavor rank"

1. Doughnut Shop Coffee... SOOO GOOD

2. French Vanilla

3. Decaf

I got a "variety pack" which comes with several different flavors with the coffee maker. I plan on trying Tully's and Emeril's Intense(dark and strong) tomorrow. I usually like lighter coffee... but sometimes I like a cup of strong coffee black... not my usual cup of tea(see what I did there? ) but every now and then I like a cup. So far this thing is awesome!

1685677224_gamechanger.jpg.c922542eab7eb199df4664a09a8c3850.jpg

Game Changer in my coffee making!

I bought a Keurig about a year ago, which I still use. The K-cups price has gotten outrageous though, but luckily where I work I can stack some discounts and stock up when I can get 18 ct. boxes for about 6 bucks. If I don't use it for a few days though, I always replace the water/let it run through once, otherwise I feel like it tastes plastic-y.

I loveeeee espresso based drinks. I bought a nice stainless steel Italian espresso pot (like $20 bucks on amazon, a worthwhile investment), and got a hand crank ceramic burr grinder, so now I can freshly grind my Costa Rican or Kona beans to an espresso grind, and make awesome lattes and cappuccinos.

As far as chains, I tend to go to Tim Horton's a lot because it's more of a sit-in place, although I've found I much prefer Dunkin Donut's coffee.

I like mochas quite a bit, but not big fancy chocolate syrup/whipped cream ones. I got this amazing one from a cart in London, that was super smooth and had a perfect and not too strong bitter-sweet chocolate taste.

All this talk has me ready for some espresso! Mmmm.

I've gotten a lot more into coffee over the last few months.

For about a year, I've been a mocha drinker. Less for the coffee taste, and more for the hot chocolate-like flavor, to be honest. But recently, I decided to make my own coffee at home as opposed to getting it at It's A Grind or Starbucks, and have slowly gotten out of that habit.

Right now I'm trying to adjust to coffee with just milk. I currently drink it with french vanilla Coffee Mate, which I don't care if it's unmanly, it's damn good.

• 2 months later...

Never drank coffee until my daughter started working at Starbucks about 5 years ago. We now have an espresso maker and a Keurig. I understand that Starbucks has a coffee maker that uses the k-cups that brews both espresso and coffee.

I must count myself in amongst the coffee addicts... If I fail to have my daily coffee (by 9AM), I become Not A Nice Person. Seriously, my family starts trying to get me to drink coffee by 8 if I haven't started already.

With that said, I brew Caribou Coffee for myself. My favorite roast and blend is called Obsidian.

Caribou Coffee - always rich and smooth, because "Burnt and Bitter" was already taken.

I am trying to get into bit of ongoing

inter-community activity - with at least

an afternoon trip to one of our local

coffee houses, lol.

Called Turks - they make a nice capaccino (sp?)

and a coffee card for a freebie every 10!

^The only problem with afternoons and coffee for me is the caffeine is usually enough to keep me up at night. I don't exactly trust decaf either. Dues the shop have enough non-coffee drinks to satisfy?