TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What live concert do you look forward to this year?

Snowboard246

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Streetlight should be around you at some point. There ] from Jersey. Also, I think the lead singer of streetlight may be there doing just acoustic renditions of the songs, which is AWESOME if your a fan, but very different from the punk ska awesomeness of a Streetlight show.

17 Days til less than jake

23 Days til Streetlight Manifesto

And 1.5 months til West Coast Bash! All is good in the world!

Foreigner probably won't happen for me now, so unless my dad and stepmom decide to actually take me with them to see a show in Downtown Nashville for once when I visit them (instead of using me as a pet-sitter while they entertain friends), I'm doubtful I'll be able to see anything for the rest of the year.

...stupid fate, when I lived in Cali I could go to the VCF and see some decent shows for cheap and blah blah pity blah...

I've been to Sinner's Day last year and it was great. An indoor festival with various New Wave & Punkrock legends (last year Marky Ramone's Blitzkrieg, Soft Cell, Heaven 17, Nina Hagen, Echo & the Bunnymen, UK Subs, etc), so I'm really looking forward to the headliners for this year's edition.

I've had to work 3 of the 4 acts in the Big 4.

Metallica was a double show and was my first introduction to working metal shows. It went okay, until they thought someone had a gun in my section.

Slayer/Megadeth was ONE show. Stupidest thing ever. Fans would run up to each other in the concourse and just started screaming SLAYER at each other as if they weren't gonna find another fan at a Slayer concert.

Here's the info on the "BIg 4" concert (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax).

http://thebig4festival.com/

The place where they are playing, for lack of a better word is a poo-poo hole. And it's General Admission only. No way I'm taking my 12 y/o son to a G.A. show with those 4 bands. He'll get trampled.

I cannot agree with this statement. The polo fields are an absolutely beautiful place to have a concert. I am going the weekend before for Coachella and the grass is always very lush, even before the end of the festival. Also, the venue is very large and you could hang out towards the back and not be right in the thick of things. I went to several punk rock shows when I was your son's age and even though I got pushed around a bit, I am pleased that I went to those shows. It will be very possible just to hang out in the back, still hear the music, and take it easy. Just my two cents.

That is the grass on the Polo Fields.

Maybe they were crappy to me because I went to a show there in late August and Coachella is earlier in the year? Because it was crap when I was there.

Second, I'm not going to pay $200 for 2 tickets to stand in the back when really the only band he cares about seeing is Metallica and the only band I care about seeing is Megadeth and Anthrax (could care less about Slayer). I thought it would be a cool experience for him, but I'm going to pass.

Here's the info on the "BIg 4" concert (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax).

The place where they are playing, for lack of a better word is a poo-poo hole. And it's General Admission only. No way I'm taking my 12 y/o son to a G.A. show with those 4 bands. He'll get trampled.

I saw Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer and Alice in Chains at the old Darien Lake amphitheatre when I was about 19 years old. I (mistakenly) got caught in the mosh pit when Slayer opened with 'Hell Awaits' - the end result was not good.

Needless to say, I was dragged out of the pit with a bloody nose & cut forehead into the Red Cross tent for medical help before I was released back into the show. For Anthrax and Megadeth, I stayed about as far away from the pit as I could.

Drunken 250 lb biker dudes in a Slayer mosh pit was no match for my 102 pound weak ass (which I was at the time). If you change your mind and take your son, I would advise staying faaaar away from any mosh pits...he WOULD get trampled or hurt as those Slayer fans just go plain freaking crazy!

^ See, that sounds kind of awesome, lol. There are some pits I have avoided at all costs though. I am a huge slipknot fan, and I went to mayhem fest, but there music is so pit friendly people went pretty much insane. It almost gets to the point that pita are not fun anymore when people are aiming to hurt. However, pits at ska and punks shows are soooo much fun, cause you're more there to dance and stuff than actually mosh.

So now that Coachella has fallen out from underneath me, my plans are looking pretty rad for the next couple of months leading up to summer. I have at least one show a month all the way through May!

February - Pendulum w/ Innerpartysystem at The Wiltern

March - California Metal Fest w/ As I lay Dying, Winds of Plague, Sleeping Giant, The Great Commission, + way more

April - Facedown Fest w/ For Today, War of Ages, A Plea for Purging, + way more

May - Fleet Foxes at The Palladium

---Brent

I saw Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer and Alice in Chains at the old Darien Lake amphitheatre when I was about 19 years old. I (mistakenly) got caught in the mosh pit when Slayer opened with 'Hell Awaits' - the end result was not good.

Needless to say, I was dragged out of the pit with a bloody nose & cut forehead into the Red Cross tent for medical help before I was released back into the show. For Anthrax and Megadeth, I stayed about as far away from the pit as I could.

Drunken 250 lb biker dudes in a Slayer mosh pit was no match for my 102 pound weak A$$ (which I was at the time). If you change your mind and take your son, I would advise staying faaaar away from any mosh pits...he WOULD get trampled or hurt as those Slayer fans just go plain freaking crazy!

When I saw Metallica in 1994 I was probably in the best shape of my life, pretty muscular and had been in a LOT of mosh pits. The pit for them and Suicidal Tendencies (who opened for them) pretty much destroyed me.

The only one that came close to that intense was Rage Against The Machine.