TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What live concert do you look forward to this year?

Snowboard246

Steve Ignorant's Last Supper (Doing all Crass material) - March

The Adicts - March

Swans-March

Leather Strip - March

OMD- March

And One - May

Echo & The Bunnymen - May

Mogwai-May

I presume that's Orchestral Manouvres In The Dark, if so, that's amazing they're still gigging in 2011. Why am I thinking of Jon Cryer now?

Was looking forward to but have since seen: Amanda Palmer from the Dresden Dolls on Australia Day (1/26), she was amazing - she can be poignant, funny, crass, self-deprecating, and just plain bonkers all in the space of a minute. Great singer and instrumentalist.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siiike on Coachella. It sold out before my dad could give me an answer . Well now that Coachella isn't happening for me, I'm going to see Pendulum with Innerpartysystem on February 25th, as well as going to California Metal Fest on March 19th (As I Lay Dying headlining!) and Facedown Fest April 8th and 9th. So these three shows should kind of sort of make up for what I'm missing at Coachella.

Steve Ignorant's Last Supper (Doing all Crass material) - March

The Adicts - March

Swans-March

Leather Strip - March

OMD- March

And One - May

Echo & The Bunnymen - May

Mogwai-May

I presume that's Orchestral Manouvres In The Dark, if so, that's amazing they're still gigging in 2011. Why am I thinking of Jon Cryer now?

Your presumption is correct! It is indeed Orchestral Manouvres In The Dark. Yeah they haven't been to LA in 9 years or so, I can't wait!

^I'm going to catch the OMD show in DC in March.

I can't wait to see them. I only saw them once and that was way back when they opened for Depeche Mode on their Music for the Masses tour.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Sade this summer.

LADY GAGA -- Feb. 28th [No big deal, just my birthday!]

Im going to see Lady Gaga as well on the 28th!!!!! I saw her last summer in St.Louis. I waited 13 hours with my general admission tickets and got front row on the catwalk!!! HEAVEN! This time, I got a 3rd row seat. (more expensive but worth it.)

I have many concerts to look forward to this year! If all goes as planned, the first part of 2011 will look like this:

1. Against Me! January 29th. (Tomorrow!)

2. Pendulum February 25th.

3. Streetlight Manifesto February 27th.

4. HARD March 12th, with Simian Mobile Disco, Fake Blood, Mumbai Science, Egyptrixx, Destructo, etc.

5. Beyond Wonderland March 19th, talent TBA.

6. Black Veil Brides, VersaEmerge, and Conditions March 24th.

7. My Chemical Romance May 27th.

That's what is set so far, but I may also see Starpool in February. Later in the year, I'll attend the Electric Daisy Carnival as well as Nocturnal Festival, and possibly Audiotistic. Aside from these, I'm sure other shows and raves will come along which I might go to as well.

--Antonio

I have 2 concerts in February to begin my 2011 concert season, but went to the ska luau on December 30th. I will see whose playing, but Less than Jake and Streetlight in February, then I need to stop seeing shows for a while...lol... I need coaster money.

I REALLY would love to see System however if and when they announce US tour dates. Last time they played was 2006 and my parents would not let me go, but hopefully they announce some US dates. I would love to see System live!

Where are they playing in February, I love both those bands and my friend and I were looking into seeing them but we may have to go in March.

Less than Jake skipped Orlando(I think) but streetlight is doing a show on March 10th in Orlando!

I have many concerts to look forward to this year! If all goes as planned, the first part of 2011 will look like this:

1. Against Me! January 29th. (Tomorrow!)

2. Pendulum February 25th.

3. Streetlight Manifesto February 27th.

4. HARD March 12th, with Simian Mobile Disco, Fake Blood, Mumbai Science, Egyptrixx, Destructo, etc.

5. Beyond Wonderland March 19th, talent TBA.

6. Black Veil Brides, VersaEmerge, and Conditions March 24th.

7. My Chemical Romance May 27th.

That's what is set so far, but I may also see Starpool in February. Later in the year, I'll attend the Electric Daisy Carnival as well as Nocturnal Festival, and possibly Audiotistic. Aside from these, I'm sure other shows and raves will come along which I might go to as well.

--Antonio

I saw Againt Me! in December with the Black Keys. Super good show. And I'm going to that Streetlight show in Pamona!

I have 2 concerts in February to begin my 2011 concert season, but went to the ska luau on December 30th. I will see whose playing, but Less than Jake and Streetlight in February, then I need to stop seeing shows for a while...lol... I need coaster money.

I REALLY would love to see System however if and when they announce US tour dates. Last time they played was 2006 and my parents would not let me go, but hopefully they announce some US dates. I would love to see System live!

Where are they playing in February, I love both those bands and my friend and I were looking into seeing them but we may have to go in March.

Less than Jake skipped Orlando(I think) but streetlight is doing a show on March 10th in Orlando!

That is gonna be a cool show, except I won't be there because it is my spring break and I am going out of town

Woot! TPR at Streetlight in Pamona represent! I was going with 2 friends, but neither could make it out(one would need to take a train from college and one wont be back yet for spring break) so I am bringing my sisters. It is gonna be funny, I took them to Reel Big Fish and they had a good time, but I dont know if they know streetlight is much more "intense" than RBF in terms of the audience. Regardless they are both 17 and can keep each other company while I mosh and skank the night away!

I'm seeing Blink 182 in June and I'm considering going to Reel Big Fish (with support by the Skints) next month.

Dave

RBF puts on an amazing live show. They are crazy entertaining, and there setlist was AMAZING! It was like 2 hours long and they played a lot of their bigger hits from the recent A Best of Us for the Rest of Us! They also have the best banter and audience interaction of any band I have seen. I honestly felt like I was not only at a ska show, but I was also at a comedy show, awesome stuff, and the crowd loves the fish!

I saw them a couple of years ago and they were awesome, but I thought that the support were even better! They were The Suburban Legends of Southern California and they were insane. Really cool crowd interaction and an epic cover of under the sea!

Dave

I saw them a couple of years ago and they were awesome, but I thought that the support were even better! They were The Suburban Legends of Southern California and they were insane. Really cool crowd interaction and an epic cover of under the sea!

Dave

I (as you may notice from my user info) am a Socalian and have seen the Legends 3 or 4 times. They frequent tomorrowland terrace at Disneyland, so Ive seen them there as well as at a RBF show and a show they headlined last December.

However, from their setlist I've seen Under the Sea is off their setlist, but I Just Cant Wait to be King is their new disney cover, and they cover bed intruder.

I am going to Video Games Live in April this year. Incase you don't know what it is, it's an orchestra performance of various video game theme songs. They play classics such as PacMan and Tetris as well as some modern ones such as Halo and Warcraft. This is my first time going to VGL (I hate myself for missing it last year) and I am so excited. Anyone been to VGL in your city before? How was it?

Normally I don't like orchestra concerts, but this one is different.

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

So far, there's not a heck of alot announced for my work. I work at the Saddledome in Calgary. Kinda of disappointing. The two biggest things coming are in July and it's Katy Perry & NKOTBSB.

I'm REALLY hoping to go to Taylor Swift's Speak Now tour. It's supposed to be coming to Edmonton in August, but the only place it's listed is her website and Ticketmaster has ZERO on-sale info about it.

I am going to Video Games Live in April this year. Incase you don't know what it is, it's an orchestra performance of various video game theme songs. They play classics such as PacMan and Tetris as well as some modern ones such as Halo and Warcraft. This is my first time going to VGL (I hate myself for missing it last year) and I am so excited. Anyone been to VGL in your city before? How was it?

Normally I don't like orchestra concerts, but this one is different.

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

wow this sounds really cool, I am looking at tour dates and see one in Orlando March 29th, is it worth it?