TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Yes, I was right...

No, you're not. You're actually very wrong. Please LISTEN to some of us before trying to brag about something you don't have a clue about. That picture you posted was taken in 1998, when they used to launch at full speed. The ride in the past 10 years has NOT been launching at full speed. The only time it would go that high is when the car was nearly empty.

We have no idea if they were launching the test runs at full speed or not today.

Your photo proves nothing, other than you really need to listen to the professionals in this business rather than speaking out of your arse.

--Robb "Also, in that picture...I can only see four riders!!!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

They could have been launching at full speed you know... who are you to call me out?

Someone who has been working in theme parks since he was 17 years old. Don't be a dick and then try to back pedal with an apology. That sh1t don't work on me. Just don't be a dick in the first place.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^ Exactly. Need I say again...

IT IS TESTING!!!

That means they run through any number of different scenarios. Including, but not limited to, full speed tests, half speed tests, E-Stop tests, etc, etc, etc....

Trying to make a conclusion out of looking at one picture, and then comparing it to another picture from THIRTEEN YEARS AGO is freakin' retarded.

--Robb

Here is a video i shot of the testing:

That's great! Thank you! I've added that to the update with the pictures. Looks like they are testing it running pretty fast. It will be great to see what the actual ride speed is when it opens to the public!

--Robb

Again, everyone needs to keep in mind that this is "testing" - They tested it just like this in 1996 and 1997 too. In fact, they ran tests that brought it all the way up to the brake run at the top. Not wanting to get anyone's hopes down, just wanting to set realistic expectations.

We are all "expecting" it to run at full speed again when it re-opens, but no one has actually confirmed that will really be happening.

--Robb

Wow, I just got back from the Mountain, and wanted to be the first to post about Superman testing. I can't believe there's already 4 pages of this discussion. I saw (and heard) the first test going up the hill on Goliath. It does seem a little quieter than the old trains were. You can definitely hear when it's running. The countdown is on to March 19.

On another subject at the Mountain. They've now removed the live camera and monitor from the 3rd pre-stage room on "Pocky " (aka: Apocalypse) before you go up the stairs. That seems odd to me???

Also if you look to right going up the lift hill on Pocky, you'll see a statue that appeared this past week. All you can see is the back of the statue. It looks like it's a man and a woman. It's strange but I think you can see the man's butt cheeks. I'm not sure where this is going - Superman or Green Lantern.

I see the prices are posted for WCB. The Mountain must really be putting it to Robb this year! $53. without a shirt. I guess 6 Flags is really trying to cash in on this one. All I can say is Coastermania at Cedar Point has always been free if you have a season pass. They haven't posted pricing yet for 2011 only the dates. I still love the Mountain, but they're starting rape us enthusiasts.

All you can see is the back of the statue. It looks like it's a man and a woman. It's strange but I think you can see the man's butt cheeks. I'm not sure where this is going - Superman or Green Lantern.

Is it possible they removed this statue during the Green Lantern clearing process:

sfmm_37.jpg

I see the prices are posted for WCB. The Mountain must really be putting it to Robb this year! $53. without a shirt. I guess 6 Flags is really trying to cash in on this one. All I can say is Coastermania at Cedar Point has always been free if you have a season pass. They haven't posted pricing yet for 2011 only the dates. I still love the Mountain, but they're starting rape us enthusiasts.

I actually approached the park about this too. The response was:

We realize the Season Pass price will be a question, but the reality of the matter is the value on the day far exceeds the $53 ticket price. Your members can expect some surprises that will appear throughout the day. We are working on surprise opportunities and we have a history of delivering.

They are confident that if you pony up the cash, they will deliver a top notch event!

Edited by robbalvey