TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^What?! I would never wait a line that long for Riddlers...it would be SO SLOW!

^^I also have to question how much better Revy would be without OTSRs (even though I would love to experience it without them, just for the fun of it). The ride didn't really hurt me, but I found it fairly tame. Still a classic, though.

I dunno, I had a pretty good ride on it a couple weeks ago in the very front seat. It's no Tatsu or anything, but it seems to be running pretty well. The loop is awesome and both the helixes are fun as well - especially the one after the loop.

"Sure it would be easier to ride with comfortable restraints, but I doubt ridership would increase enough to warrant the funds spent." (John Knotts)

I agree. Revolution even with lap bars only would be more comfortable, and that's it. There are too many brakes on it now, and it would never match the rides in the late '70s. Very sad, too, because in its heyday, Revolution was quite a ride. Its layout is still good, but with the brakes, never again.

I'm going to have to look into this S:EFK thing on Six Flags' Facebook page...

Eric

For all those who say no-one cares about Revolution in its sad-current state, I don't remember talking to a single person (gp friends etc) who has ever ranked Revolution higher than second to dead last at Magic Mountain (usually trumped by Viper or Scream).

Hell, in tenth grade when a group of us went to the Mountain, we formed the club of the "Metal Trash Can Rolling Down the Hill", our most accurate description of Revolution's ride experience (this coming from people who thought Goldrusher had more merit).

"Sure it would be easier to ride with comfortable restraints, but I doubt ridership would increase enough to warrant the funds spent." (John Knotts)

I agree. Revolution even with lap bars only would be more comfortable, and that's it. There are too many brakes on it now, and it would never match the rides in the late '70s. Very sad, too, because in its heyday, Revolution was quite a ride. Its layout is still good, but with the brakes, never again.

I'm going to have to look into this S:EFK thing on Six Flags' Facebook page...

Eric

I think the new trains mentioned, which looked like they could have been designed for THIS ride, would work nicely and be more comfortable. MAYBE then it would't be trimmed so much.

Just looked at that picture again, that trains are sweeet! Are those lights in the front?

The reason the ride is trimmed so much is because the trains are so much heavier now than what the track was designed for.

Lighter Train = less need for all of the trims = better ride.

Honestly, I would have MUCH rather them spent the $$ on Revolution than on Superman. But they couldn't have sold it as a "new ride experience".

Today at 10:35

Viper open

Tatsu train parked at brake run. ?

X2 held at station split; open 10:40. Trains 2 & 3. No audio; maybe later

Edit: Tatsu testing. 10:42. 2 trains, left station. Station wait at 11. Warm sunny day.

Apocalypse 2 trains no effects. Ohhh the preshow (shakes head).

Ninja doing it's swoopy thing.

Riddler: one stinking train. Hope GrAdv enjoys it's recycled ride.

Noon: Goliath still a walk-on. 2 trains

The park looks good today.

Superman test shot !!!

Left side, and that sucker was screaming loud just like old times. I *think* it hit the red. Appeared empty / if there were water dummies, I didn't see them.

Hoping for another shot.

Cool - again! Definitely hit the red 3-4 frames from the top. Got the cell phone pic. Any tips on how to upload from the park?

Edited by PAL

West Coast Bash 2011 Tickets ON SALE NOW! http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

Saturday - March 19th - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Sunday - March 20th - Knott's Berry Farm

Pricing:

$53 - Six Flags Magic Mountain (Everyone pays one price)

$32 - Knott's (Cedar Fair) Season Passholder

$45 - Knott's KIDS & SENIORS Non-Pass

$60 - Knott's ADULTS Non-Pass

$10 - Event T-Shirt (The shirt is not included this year)

Event Includes:

Six Flags Magic Mountain:

- 2 Hours Morning ERT on select coasters

- Breakfast

- Catered Lunch

- Q&A Session with park management

- 2 Hours Evening ERT on select coasters

- Free parking until 8:30am

- Free Kodak Photo Voucher

- FOUR HOURS of total ERT!

- Many more surprises and extras that will be announced soon!

Knott's Berry Farm:

- 2 Hours Morning ERT on select coasters

- Backstage tour of Timber Mountain Log Ride

- Backstage tour of Xcelerator

- Construction Tour of Windseeker

- Group Lunch

- TPR Quest Game at Lunch

- Presentation at Good Times Theater

- Q&A Session with park management

- 1 Hour Evening ERT on select coasters

- Free parking until 8:00am

- Many more surprises and extras that will be announced soon!

- ERT is planned for Xcelerator!

THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!

A final event schedule with more details will be emailed to you prior to the event.

Get your tickets NOW before the sell out!!!

You must have a Knott's Berry Farm for a Cedar Fair pass that is good at all Cedar Fair properties to purchase the Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass price.

If you are registering for more than one person, please complete a separate registration for each member in your party. Choose your options and click "add to cart" for the first person, and then come back to this screen again and choose your options and click "add to cart" for each additional guest.

Event Rules & Additional Details

- You MUST be a registered member of Theme Park Review or Club TPR to purchase tickets for this event however your guests do NOT have to be a registered member. *NOTE* If your guest is a past member that has had their account/membership deactivated or banned, they will not be allowed into the event and your account/membership may also be subject to being deactivated or banned and you may also not be allowed into West Coast Bash 2011.

- Cameras are not allowed on any coasters or rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain or Knott’s Berry Farm.

- All event participants MUST abide by ALL park rules and Theme Park Review’s/Club TPR's code of conduct and terms of service. Violation of park rules is subject to you and your guests removal from the park and your account being banned.

- Q: What do I need to do to attend West Coast Bash 2011?

A: Simply register online and your event packets, tickets, and other information will be available the morning of the event.

- Q: Do I have to attend both days, or can I attend just one or the other? A: You do not have to attend both days. You can register for one or the other. If you have registered for BOTH days, you will receive TWO event packets in the morning at Magic Mountain.

- Q: Will you have onsite event registration? A: sorry, but no tickets available during morning check in. TICKETS WILL BE LIMITED so register NOW. In 2010, this event SOLD OUT!

- Q: I cannot make it to the park before check-in ends or I need to leave before evening ERT, can I still attend West Coast Bash if I cannot make the entire day? A: Yes, you may arrive after check-in ends. Your event packet will be left at will call or guest relations under the name of the person who registered. If you need to leave before evening ERT, you may do so, but we hope you can stay because it will be amazing! Please note there are NO REFUNDS given if you cannot make the event.

- Q: How old do you have to be to attend West Coast Bash 2011? A: There is no age limit for this event. We will have members as young as KidTums and as old as Jeff Johnson!

- Q: What does "ERT" or "Exclusive Ride Time" mean? A: ERT means that the rides and attractions listed during those times on the schedule are open ONLY to attendees of West Coast Bash 2011.

Look up in the sky! It's a bird? It's a plane? NO! It's Superman TESTING!!! Backwards!!!!

Thank you coolrider for the video!

photo(5).thumb.JPG.e427da8fdbe64d04b02f8e36fb0c40a3.JPG

photo(6).thumb.JPG.4936ab9ca6d6f06843899854edfd64a2.JPG

Thank you to Paul (PAL) for sending these in!!!

photo(7).thumb.JPG.36d58adf3096422de99d51281ff62be7.JPG

They've made some progress on Green Lantern...looks quite different from the photos I took last week!

photo(8).thumb.JPG.15abff49e1f1ce9426b56c718c4e66a7.JPG

Thank you again for the photos Paul!

Edited by robbalvey

HOLY CRAP!!! Look too its at full speed??? Woo HOO!!!! Looks great!!!! Have not seen it go that high up in a long time!!!!

Keep in mind, it always would go a lot faster with less people in the car. It would go pretty much that high early mornings if you were one of about 5 people in the car. That's a totally empty car... AND .... it's "testing."

I wouldn't look at those pictures and "expect" it will always go that high...I'd hope it does...but you never know....

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey