TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ I've heard stories of people leaning forward and/or trying to stand up while entering or in the loop itself. Supposedly, because of the sudden increase of G forces upon entry, you can smack your face on the seat in front of you or the front of the car if you're not sitting back in your seat.

Eric

^Like those trains from Wieland Schwarzkopf that debuted in 1999, at the IAAPA convention. This is a link for a couple of pics of the trains Schwarzkopf scroll down a bit they're the white Accelerator trains pictured.

Or have Intamin build some, Rev is approaching 35 years old the ride truly deserves it. I haven't been on it in years because of those horrible trains. I love the ride it was my first coaster and first coaster with a loop.

^Like those trains from Wieland Schwarzkopf that debuted in 1999, at the IAAPA convention. This is a link for a couple of pics of the trains Schwarzkopf scroll down a bit they're the white Accelerator trains pictured.

I agree, these trains would look awesome on Rev.

Accelerator.png.d7b0ec01c9932df0590d2aaa5b42d513.png

oooh

Accelerator2.png.d3e0511939065484c3cfe44aef43e876.png

aaaah

^ I've heard stories of people leaning forward and/or trying to stand up while entering or in the loop itself.

Yeah, there's photos of it too somewhere. I've seen it before. However, I've also seen photos of people doing it even with the OTSR's, so it's still very possible as the restraints on Revolution are very awkward.

I'm guessing even though you can still do it, they installed the OTSR's to sort of discourage the thought of even trying.

Ah, well now we have a source-backed, cited, and apparently definitive answer. I guess we can put this one to bed now.

Yes we can. Unless you have worked in the amusement industry and are familiar with AB850 (the California assembly bill passed that regulates the amusement industry) and the ASTM F.24 standards on ride designs...

But he ( Burkhart ) never said anything of the sort. He said it was Six Flags decision to add the OTSR to Revolution, and that the ride can no longer operate any other way, period. It has nothing to do with any law, and he never even hinted that was the case.

Actually, I believe he cited ASTM standards as the reason why they can't do anything else and said it was a company-wide policy to follow those guidelines.

Which translates to: we don't want to spend the money for train modifications, so we're just going to run with the excuse that "we can't make any changes because we have to operate the ride based on the SOP, and the SOP says OTSR's!" I certainly don't blame them (there are a lot better things that money can go to), but there really is nothing preventing them from doing so if they wanted to.

Ah, well now we have a source-backed, cited, and apparently definitive answer. I guess we can put this one to bed now.

Yes we can. Unless you have worked in the amusement industry and are familiar with AB850 (the California assembly bill passed that regulates the amusement industry) and the ASTM F.24 standards on ride designs...

But he ( Burkhart ) never said anything of the sort. He said it was Six Flags decision to add the OTSR to Revolution, and that the ride can no longer operate any other way, period. It has nothing to do with any law, and he never even hinted that was the case.

Actually, I believe he cited ASTM standards as the reason why they can't do anything else and said it was a company-wide policy to follow those guidelines.

Which translates to: we don't want to spend the money for train modifications, so we're just going to run with the excuse that "we can't make any changes because we have to operate the ride based on the SOP, and the SOP says OTSR's!" I certainly don't blame them (there are a lot better things that money can go to), but there really is nothing preventing them from doing so if they wanted to.

I guess the point I was making is that this isn't something that's going to change so people just need to deal with it. It doesn't matter whether there is any law on the books or not. The ride ain't changing, ever. So it's been a moot point since...well forever.

I don't blame them either, because the bottom line is no one really cares except enthusiasts. Besides, this notion that Revolution would be so great with just lap bars is probably a myth at this point anyway. The ride remains over-braked and poorly maintained regardless of the restraint system. Sure it would be easier to ride with comfortable restraints, but I doubt ridership would increase enough to warrant the funds spent.