TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa go to Park City, Utah!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another update from today! We did our first "adventure" type activity - Snow Mobiles! This was the first time I've been on a snow mobile, and it was a lot like one of the cruise ship excursions we would do. They took us up to an area with the equipment, went through a few really fantastic trails, and then cut us loose to go balls out! It was a hell of a lot of fun. Kind of reminded me more of the waverunners or seado's and less of the ATV's that we've done on cruise ships before...

Anyway... PHOTOS!!! (and some video!)

Our snow mobile adventure is about to begin!

45MPH through a mountain? Hell yeah!!!

Here was the equipment...great stuff!

Get ready... GO!!!

This was our first "playground." Wide open terrain where you could easily get tue snow mobile to 45MPH with a few hills and bumps mixed in.

We had plenty of trails through the trees...thankfully the handlebars are heated!!!

The tour took us up to 9,500 feet for some breathtaking views.

"The hills are alive...."

Oh no! It's a yeti!!!

Wipeout! "Damn you, snow!"

MUST! KILL! THE ELDERLY!!!!

Our next playground included this insane hill! Seriously more airtime than most roller coasters and the only thing holding you in are your own two hands and your butt cheeks!Here's a couple of videos showing that hill. The videos don't quite do it justice though as you go a LOT faster that what it appears in the video. In the second clip you can see some dudes going balls out...

This playground also included lots of terrain, hills, trees, and plenty of insanity. Enough to throw you off the snow mobile or flip over...which happened to a few people!!!

"Snowmobiling was awesome!"

And what do you do after two hours of riding like a bat out of hell on a snow mobile? Drink beer!!!

This place brews on site.

Plenty of beer to choose from...

"Why have just one?"

I agree!

Back at the TPR Winter Headquarters, KidTums tries out skis for the first time.

She did really well!

KidTums is totally ready for Park City!

Then again... Maybe not!

There was this awesome boutique toy store in the resort complex. KidTums says "Can we get this for Dave?"

Ooh! Candy cigarettes! These have been banned at some stores in California.

The Godfather action figures.

Look Potterheads! You don't have to wait in line for two hours here!!!

Yay! This counts as a roller coaster update now!

That's right! Trunki has made it's way to the US!!! Except they don't have KidTums' Bernard...

That's all for today! We'll have more fun in the snow tomorrow! Hope you guys are liking this update, and remember, we'll post new photos to my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/robbalvey

And remember, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by ernierocker

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us! I've never been to Utah, but would like to go someday. Only thing is, I'm not into skiing or snowboarding. I'd much rather do some sledding, tubing, tobogganing or take a trip on a snow mobile (providing I don't kill myself or others).

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us! I've never been to Utah, but would like to go someday. Only thing is, I'm not into skiing or snowboarding. I'd much rather do some sledding, tubing, tobogganing or take a trip on a snow mobile (providing I don't kill myself or others).

This is why we're up here doing lots of different things. If we are to think about doing a TPR "winter trip" like this, we'd want to offer much more than just skiing. Although it does look like the bobsled is out for us this trip as it's $200 per person. Yikes! But don't worry...we have lots of other cool things in store!

--Robb

^ It really was great fun! The trails they took us through were fantastic...gorgeous! The views were amazing...and not to mention the thrill of being on the snow mobile itself. It was enough at some points to even scare the crap out of me! Going 40-45MPH over some of those bumps knowing the only thing that is hold me in....is ME!

--Robb

I've never been snowmobiling, but it looks like a lot of fun. I went and rode an ATV on sand dunes a couple times this past summer, and there were some giant dunes (similar to a sand death hill). I'd imagine riding a snowmobile would be somewhat similar.

If there was a TPR winter trip, I would totally be in, and could probably convince my dad to come too. I don't know how feasible it would be to have a trip where everyone signs up to do specific activities on certain days, as I am sure some would not be interested in everything, but that seems like it would work if it could be done. For example, on a week long trip, I'd like to ski two or three days (depending on the resort), and would prefer to ski as opposed to sledding, but wouldn't want to miss out on some activities like snowmobiling or alpine slides/coasters.

I'm really enjoying these updates and can't wait to see what else you have planned for this trip.

It was a hell of a lot of fun. Kind of reminded me more of the waverunners or seado's and less of the ATV's that we've done on cruise ships before...

I have never have been snowmobiling before but I have been on a ton of waverunners so this was the perfect description as to what it is like. Definitely, need to try this one day! There has to be something surreal about running around at 45 mph with nothing but mountains, trees, and snow around you!

Glad you guys are having fun and another great update!

Did they actually keep your speedometers in operation? When I tried snowmobiling in Colorado just past Copper Mtn., they disabled all of them. I assume this is so nobody would attempt to hit a dangerous speed for bragging rights. Either way, full throttle down a hill on one of these is amazing. Not to mention, can any other motorsport provide and interact with scenery quite the same?

Park City looks awesome, have you tried the alpine coaster there yet? A resort near my chalet up in northern Ontario just got one . And i love skiing, i've been skiing for 14 years (since age 2) and got into freestyle skiing 4 years ago, and it's just awesome. Nice to see that TPR is opening up a new world of fun to coaster fanatics...

I play up the road from there. Cisero's on Historic Main Street.

That is a sexy sled! Hit up the tubeing slope right by the I-80 West as you start to head south towards Park City. It has a lifthill, Don't even get out of your tube. *DROOL*

BTW, have you heard about the new coaster at Lagoon Park? Opening 2011! Check it out while your here. (20 min drive)