Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Shane's Amusement Attic

Postby beatle11 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Nice pics of Orient Express.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:18 pm

disney4me2001 wrote:
wlmoorer wrote:I am always disappointed that I never had the chance to visit this park before it closed...its a shame that Houston (the forth largest metro population in the US) does not have a major regional park!

Me neither...the sad part is that my grandparents live in Houston and I visit them every summer...and we didn't make it to Astroworld once :(

But does anyone know what happened to each coaster? I know Greezed Lightning is in storage and a couple of them were scrapped, but what about the others? Specifically I want to know about Batman: The Escape and Viper if anyone knows anything.

B:TE sits in pieces at DL,UT sits in pieces at SFA while only the SLC was put back into operation recently at la ronde & all the remaining coasters were scrapped save for mayan mindbender & GL,which have yet to go back into operation either.

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:06 pm

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
disney4me2001 wrote:
wlmoorer wrote:I am always disappointed that I never had the chance to visit this park before it closed...its a shame that Houston (the forth largest metro population in the US) does not have a major regional park!

Me neither...the sad part is that my grandparents live in Houston and I visit them every summer...and we didn't make it to Astroworld once :(

But does anyone know what happened to each coaster? I know Greezed Lightning is in storage and a couple of them were scrapped, but what about the others? Specifically I want to know about Batman: The Escape and Viper if anyone knows anything.

B:TE sits in pieces at DL,UT sits in pieces at SFA while only the SLC was put back into operation recently at la ronde & all the remaining coasters were scrapped save for mayan mindbender & GL,which have yet to go back into operation either.

The Mayan Mindbender now operates outdoors as the Hornet at Wonderland Amusement Park in Armarillo, TX.
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:21 am

Shane,
I'd heard a rumor a while back that Orient Express had some small but vital part break, and there was no replacement part, no company to make/supply replacement, and no other means to create a replacement. Wish I could remember where I heard this rumor or had more specifics for you. If OE was Arrow, and it was in the middle of all the shuffle/S&S stuff, this is all plausible.

Hope this helps and offers some insight at least. Great work as always on this archive. Cheers!

Please Nuderstand This Mozart67. It's Something!

Postby Mozart67 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:24 am

lol the Incredidome! That sort of thing was pretty common then: SFoT had one called "Chevy Show", I remember. It was good, but Circlevision 360 it was not. Thanks for the Orient Express pictures, though. Until I rode Superman at SFNE in 2000, OE was my favorite coaster, steel or wood. I do have to say that the "kamikaze loop" element was much rougher than the rest of the ride; sort of a scaled down version of what I imagine Moonsault Scramble might have been like..cept less brutal.

Thanks again, Shane!

Scott "the wussy Starflyer at the Big E almost made my piss myself" Mayfield
HeadOn! Apply Directly to when you just don''t feel fresh. Side effects may include drowsiness, explosive belching, cosplay, and death. Use only when directed and when you have an outbreak, have a Coke and a smile!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Shane, I tried PMing you the info you needed, but they are stuck in my outbox???

Eddie
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby linearinduction » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:45 am

TheRapidsNerd wrote:Shane,
I'd heard a rumor a while back that Orient Express had some small but vital part break, and there was no replacement part, no company to make/supply replacement, and no other means to create a replacement. Wish I could remember where I heard this rumor or had more specifics for you. If OE was Arrow, and it was in the middle of all the shuffle/S&S stuff, this is all plausible.

Hope this helps and offers some insight at least. Great work as always on this archive. Cheers!
I don't see how there could be any part of that Coaster that could not be Fabricated, Constructed, or Machined by several companies.

P.S. - Shane, Please Purchase Greezed Lightnin' Already for Cowabunga Bay. Thank You! :lmao:

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Knott's had El Cinema Grande out in the middle of the lake for a few years (early '80s). It sounds like the Incredidome was very much like it.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby disney4me2001 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:15 pm

linearinduction wrote:P.S. - Shane, Please Purchase Greezed Lightnin' Already for Cowabunga Bay. Thank You! :lmao:

YES! I'd love to see this ride back in action, especially since I didn't get to ride it at Astroworld! =)

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Dorney Park

Here is an update from earlier years at Dorney Park.

Shane
dp1.jpg
dp2.jpg
dp3.jpg
dp4.jpg
dp5.jpg
dp6.jpg
dp7.jpg
dp14.jpg
dp15.jpg
dp16.jpg
dp17.jpg
dp18.jpg
dp19.jpg
dp20.jpg
dp21.jpg
dp22.jpg
dp40.jpg
dp41.jpg
dp42.jpg
dp43.jpg
dp44.jpg
dp8.jpg
dp9.jpg
dp10.jpg
dp11.jpg
dp12.jpg
dp13.jpg
dp23.jpg
dp24.jpg
dp25.jpg
dp26.jpg
dp27.jpg
dp28.jpg
dp29.jpg
dp30.jpg
dp31.jpg
dp32.jpg
dp33.jpg
dp34.jpg
dp35.jpg
dp36.jpg
dp37.jpg
dp38.jpg
dp39.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:37 pm.
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!