TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2010 Trade Show Orlando Coverage! Photo & Video Update

SharkTums

Day 2 - Update #4 - 5:45 P.M. - Vekoma, Ropes Courses, Technical Park, and more!

Vekoma had some posters and pictures, but they wouldn't talk too much about 2011 rides.

The Stingray is open in China!

They were showing off a "Soarin" style system.

Four Across seating anyone?

They were showing a TPR produced video for their lap bar restraints... So they're cool!

More comfortable? Yes please!

Hmm...Could this be the Tron Lightcycles attraction that's been rumored?

Hey look! They still make these things!

S&S had a new theme for the Free Fly Coaster on display.

Ropes Courses was there showing off...

Surprise! A ropes course!

Hey look! Elissa is at IAAPA!

Mondial did have a nice Windseeker display.

Sammy from Amusement Today was sporting his Club TPR lanyard!

I'm pretty sure this was the result of a drug induced nightmare!

Zamperla actually won an award for their awesome Luna Park display!

Thank you guys for making awesome dark rides!

Need any bumper boats?

Technical Park, the guys who made that insane flat ride at Tivoli Gardens had a few new ideas to present.

Their spinning coaster train seats are made from carbon fiber!

They had a four across train also with carbon fiber seats.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I question the Dippin' Dot guy's credibility. Didn't I see him in a Miami/ Dade county felony rap sheet a couple of years ago? Yes, yes! Now I remember. Seems that Dippin Dots Guy isn't his real name after all. It's Gerald, Gerald Flemkie. He is wanted in ten different states for spreading rumors about theme park additions and ride removals. He must be stopped Robb. It is your civic duty to apprehend this felon and bring him to justice!

Yes, Robb can drive the drug-induced Ripley's car and recruit the aid of Spider-Man and Chinese knock-off Bumblebee! Those who worship evil's light will fave to face Robb Alvey's might!

Holy crap, that Technical Park black and white mouse vehicle is EFFING STUNNING! They hire Porsche Design or something?! Seriously, that is some sexy design work!

Edit: The only thing I could wish for more sincerely than a Tron Lightcycle attraction featuring the Vekoma Booster Bikes is a marriage proposal from Olivia Wilde. In her full grid outfit, all glowy and stuff.

Edited by RoCo

New TPR IAAPA Video!

- Great Coasters' Chris Gray!

- Intamin's Sandor Kernacs!

- Gerstlauer's Adam Sandy!

- New technology from Q-Bot makers Lo-Q

- And SPIDERMAN!!!

We have also updated our "Complete IAAPA Coverage" page here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=189&linkid=9775

Enjoy the updates! And remember...

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

So I'm watching Robb's 2nd IAAPA video and at 5:40 he is interviewing Sandor Kernacs.. As many/all of us know, Intamin is split up into two separate companies Intaride (US) and Intamin (Europe). Robb asks Sandor about Thirteen,The Ferrari Ride in Dubai and Intimidator 305. He seemed genuinely excited about the first two but when Rob pushed him to comment about Intimdator, he made it clear (twice) that I305 was from Intaride and not Intamin and appeared through facial expressions that he wasn't proud of it.... Anyone think I'm reading too much into this after watching the video?

Chris "likes i305" Connolly

So I'm watching Robb's 2nd IAAPA video and at 5:40 he is interviewing Sandor Kernacs.. As many/all of us know, Intamin is split up into two separate companies Intaride (US) and Intamin (Europe). Robb asks Sandor about Thirteen,The Ferrari Ride in Dubai and Intimidator 305. He seemed genuinely excited about the first two but when Rob pushed him to comment about Intimdator, he made it clear (twice) that I305 was from Intaride and not Intamin and appeared through facial expressions that he wasn't proud of it.... Anyone think I'm reading too much into this after watching the video?

Chris "likes i305" Connolly

I noticed the same thing...I was hoping that he would comment on the recent work done on I305

In other news, another great video Robb! Very informative and very exciting to watch

Yeah the q-bot advances are excellent.. I think they previously announced the micro-transaction q-bot for water parks, but it's cool to see the creator discuss them. From a business standpoint, I'd love to know what the cost of manufacture is, because even if you use RFID tags those things are getting broken/lost at a 10% ratio. I think the magice behind those wristbands is getting the cost down to the point where they are disposable. Awesome Tech though and I'd like cashless and cardless transactions to be a reality in my everyday life.

The Geurstlauer exibitor is a true salesman. I'd hire him for Boiler Room.

Awesome Tech though and I'd like cashless and cardless transactions to be a reality in my everyday life.

That's what excited me the most if this is used at water parks! I really hate having to go to a loc.ker anytime I want food or a drink. It would be so much easier to prepay. Also, I'm pretty sure I'd spend more money in the park that way since I usually only go to my locker once or twice.

Edited by krazekiddd

Kara aka Timberskara not only Gives Kids The World, but she gives the world a car!

This is true! I will give just about anyone a 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid...

...as long as they donate at least $50k to GKTW! Sure it may be a slight mark-up, but anything for the kids, right ?

Hooray for TPR's support of IAAPA's official charity. Donate now!