TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: It's SHOWtime at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

robbalvey

Today we did something VERY "anti-Robb & Elissa"....we spent most of the day at a theme park watching shows!

If you've read many of our reports you'll know that we aren't "show people", but when you're at a park mostly for a 3-year old, sometimes your outlook on things can change.

We arrived at Disney/MGM Studios around 11:00am....

Today we will be at Hollywood Studios taking pictures of strange families in front of signs.

KidTums' favorite show!

To KidTums this is like getting a picture with Joey Fatone!

I know it's a show for kids, and most people probably haven't seen it unless you have kids, but the puppets are seriously cool!

And you can even learn some Spanish!

KidTums goes crazy!!! She's such a groupie!

1..2..3... SURPRISE!!!

"Good Tower"

Onto our next show of the day...

The opening mash-up of Bonjour and Gaston was always top notch for a theme park show.

The giant characters always looked a bit odd to me, but it keeps the kids happy.

The "Les Mis"-esque Kill the Beast segment always makes me chuckle a little, but really it's very well done.

Can you spot the Beast in this photo? I'll give you a hint...she was somewhere on the left...

KidTums says "He has his hat...I like him when he has his hat!"

KidTums is making a new movie called "The Very Gray Rabbit."

And just like daddy...She's working on Aladdin!

"When is there going to be another Incredibles movie, daddy?"

Future Pixar goodness! I'm not to hot about Cars 2, but VERY curious about Brave!

No! No! No!!! Lotso is a BAD GUY!!! He tried to KILL Woody and Buzz! I hate that the parks are making him out to be cute and cuddly!

Lasers are so 1990s!

"Why is she so mean to the leg people???"

Another awesome "hidden gem" restaurant at Walt Disney World.

Noted!

There is something very creepy and "Futurama" about this...

Is Dick Clark dead???

For some strange reason we ended up seeing the American Idol show...no we didn't lose a bet or anything.

You know, the show wasn't terrible, but like Ellen's Lesbian Hour, I don't feel the need to ever see it again.

Disney's Hollywood Pixar Studios.

60 Minutes? Meh... We'll play the iPhone version!

When the lights aren't on, it kind of looks like something on the roof of the City Museum!

"Please turn the cameras off. The Star Tours sign and I need to have a private moment."

This show was "epic" before epic became "epic!"

How do they know where the Braille map is???

"Why the hell would anyone want to go to Milwaukee, Wisconsin???

Hope you guys like the update! If you do, post a comment and we will continue to do more of these mini-updates from Orlando!

--Robb

Edited by ernierocker

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like you guys had a great time seeing all the shows. Did you have the chance to witness the amazing Drew Carey Sound Spectacular and Special Effect Crap Show?

I thought the Beauty and the Beast show was the second best show at Walt Disney World after the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom. It's awesome to see you guys having fun doing other things you don't normally do. Way to branch out guys!

Jimmy "Saw Beauty and the Beast in Phoenix a couple weeks ago" Bo

I thought the Beauty and the Beast show was the second best show at Walt Disney World after the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom.

Yeah, the Beauty & The Beast show was the best of the 4 shows we saw today...

It's awesome to see you guys having fun doing other things you don't normally do. Way to branch out guys!

No, no! We hate it! We are just not show people! I mean, we'll sit through them when we HAVE to, but we would normally not be caught dead going out of our way to see them!

It was a fun day, but I'd say everything we did today don't need to ever do again!

--Robb

Robb I feel the same way about shows at parks! It kills me to sit through a show with friends/family knowing that there are coasters right outside of the theater, hahaha. The worst was at Kings Dominion during the Haunt, while we went and saw Fangs knowing that there was a giga across the park with a 30 second wait! The only park that I can sit through a show and be okay with it is at Dollywood after I hit up Thunderhead, Mystery Mine, Tornado, and Blazing Fury several times each!

I hate the LOTSO thing as well. He was an ass, and frankly he is one of the creepier villains if not only for the reason that the toy story characters were so close to actually dying in that furnace. However, I want to see if its true that his costume actually smells like strawberries.

I hate the LOTSO thing as well. He was an A$$, and frankly he is one of the creepier villains if not only for the reason that the toy story characters were so close to actually dying in that furnace. However, I want to see if its true that his costume actually smells like strawberries.

The one at WDW totally did! You can tell that they were pumping in a strawberry smell into the room. It was actually quite a clever touch.

It's certainly nice to see what show offerings they have, but I too dislike them. I got to an amusement or themepark for rides and attractions, not a high school musical. If I want to see I show, I will go to broadway or Vegas. Nonetheless, it was nice to see something different, just not all of the time

Can you spot the Beast in this photo? I'll give you a hint...she was somewhere on the left...

I found The Beast!

TheBeast.jpg.6862cf54815224695daf5b0084124bdc.jpg

Putting bad puns and photoshop jobs aside, i'm glad you're having fun at Disney! Even though I haven't been there in at least 10 years, I still do remember a few of those shows and attractions. And an even bigger surprise is that I actually liked Sounds Dangerous!

EDIT: I also don't like the idea of Lotso being a meet and greet character because he's evil, but at least he's better than Duffy!

The "Les Mis"-esque Kill the Beast segment always makes me chuckle a little, but really it's very well done.

I am also surprised that the parks are trying to market Lotso as friendly. For kids that have seen the movie, shouldn't they want to avoid him?! Unless of course you love the villains, like I did.

My sons favorite character right now is Gaston. We have had some trouble trying to explain that he is the Bad Guy and we don't actually want to "Kill the Beast"

Rob,

Love the updates on the "side" stuff of food and shows so I'll have an idea on what I need to hit next time I go. I'm trying to eat at a different place every time I go to EPCOT while the rest of the family only wants to go to one certain place every time!