TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday Park Discussion Thread

Apparantly this happened on the camelback after the overbanked turn (translated from onride.de, I never rode this coaster).

Short video in German van be found here:

http://www.swr.de/swr1/rp/nachrichten/rheinland-pfalz/-/id=1533608/nid=1533608/nid=1533608/did=6314120/pv=video/ci7sla/index.html

Yes, according to the video, the train stopped at the second camelback, after the first turn. The video says further, that the ride stays closed until the real source of the accident has been found. Multiple guests where slightly injured meaning they suffered contusions etc. All riders on the train also suffered from shock. No wonder.

Edited by Roosevelt

All riders on the train also suffered a shock. No wonder.

May be a stupid question...but do you mean that they suffered from shock, or that they actually experienced...a shock?

I'm sorry, but I'm just kind of getting slightly annoyed with the 'everyone is an expert' when it comes to accidents lately.

How would you even POSSIBLY be able to make that claim based on the very blurry picture that has been released so far???

Stop be so dramatic and making stuff up. Seriously, it's REALLY annoying!!!!

I wasn't trying to sound like an expert and if that what it came across as, I'm sorry.

I was just stating what I had thought to observe. Please don't jump on my back for it.

What makes me wonder is the time the information of this accident needed to be published on the web.

It happened on 3:30 PM and i read the first news online about 9:00 PM.

Even the BILD-Newspaper (germanys most infamous newspaper) wich usually brings news (mostly in a very dramatic description) of roller coaster breakdowns very fast (the have a section were readers can send in their pictures for money) needed that long to publish it.

Copy and paste the link from the image into a new tab, that's what I had to do

Anyway about the incident, whenever I read TR's from Holiday Park, Expedition Ge Force is always running on one train, could this be the result of one train getting used excessively? Any thoughts?

Looking at that picture, they were lucky there was only a few injuries...

Edited by Koolkid

Picture isn't working for me. Anyone else having the same problem? Upload it toTPR! It never fails!

Copy paste the url. That worked for me. And that picture is pretty crazy :S. Now I'm really curious about what caused this!

oh oh my. If that car had completely disconnected...

But it didn't. I mean, c'mon. We all know what *would've* happened.

When are the restraints and safety systems ever gonna get any credit when something like this doesn't end in a fiery pile of hot death?

Just sayin'.

Well theres your problem!

Seriously though can anybody even venture a guess as to how that can happen? I would have to guess that the wheel assembly is missing or somehow came off, since I don't think it's possible for the car to just come off like that. Looking at that picture and judging from the fact people suffered contusions, that coaster most have come to a very hard stop!

Wow, luckily for them, Togo didn't make this which would mean catwalks on the side.

Just so you know, Togo doesn't make the catwalks on the ride, Japan's health and safety makes them make the catwalks on the ride.

oh oh my. If that car had completely disconnected...

But it didn't. I mean, c'mon. We all know what *would've* happened.

When are the restraints and safety systems ever gonna get any credit when something like this doesn't end in a fiery pile of hot death?

Just sayin'.

Exactly. I look at this picture and I see "Wow, looks like the systems worked EXACTLY as they should in an incident like this."

I mean, c'mon...it's not like a freakin' entire SEAT just fell off a brand new ride!

Edited by robbalvey