Photo TR: Lotte World & Now Everland

Ever wonder where Vekoma track really comes from?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Photo TR: Lotte World

Postby Hockeydad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh, I so remember Quake! I got lucky and rode it on my first trip to SFKK, but after that I don't think it ever opened again. It was a really strange ride, but didn't really move fast enough for any real thrills.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:47 am

Hockeydad wrote:Oh, I so remember Quake! I got lucky and rode it on my first trip to SFKK, but after that I don't think it ever opened again. It was a really strange ride, but didn't really move fast enough for any real thrills.

It really isn't at all exciting, I imagine its sort of up there with the topple towers in the "is that it?" stakes.

Everland upate will come tommorow, sorry about the wait but I went a couple of times to try and soak it all in (full trip report tommorow) so I'm just consolidating down the pictures and borrowing one or two from my friends facebook to make sure i've covered most areas and experiences of the park.

Rob

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:00 am

Garet, great work on the TR and the pics. I loved the one museum pic with the extremely dark corridor for some odd reason. Lotte World looks like an amazing place.

Postby Garet » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:44 am

Hey guys so as promised here is my epic Everland post. I spent ages trying to consolidate the photos down into a best of album that captured the closing ceremony, the rides and the scenery but you know what? Everland impressed me that much i'm going to dedicate a part to each of them so I will post the scenery first and then follow it up with the rides and finally the closing ceremony.

So how can I sum up Everland. Put simply I found it amazing, I went straight to the membership office after my first visit and traded my ticket for a season pass ( a wise move since I keep having to take more friends back to see the show). The thing with Everland that I preferred over Lotte World is although both go all out in hospitality, Everland really trys to make your day special whereas no matter how hard Lotte World tried, the fact that you were made to just queue anywhere where they were could put food vendors constantly in your face made you remember that it is a business first and foremost, whereas with Everland your greeted onto every ride (as well as when you leave) with such enthusiasm that you'd think it's their first day on the job. Seriously you think ride operators who have to hear catchphrases every minute have it bad, here they dance while the ride is in motion or perform actions everytime a train leaves almost every minute for almost 12 hours everyday but they keep going just to please the few that do notice. Hats off to the Everland staff.

Same with the shows, Everland knows it'll never be disneyland but it'll go out anyway, I've been to the park both when its busy and when it's dead but they'll still put the same amount of fireworks in, the parade actors will still put on a smile and a dance even when there's no-one to watch them, Everland is all about the atmosphere.

I think the only win I would give to Lotte World is the food variety was huge there compared to Everland most snack vendors here are pretty much identical as opposed to Lotte Worlds Variety. In the fact the only major downside to Everland is that there's no non-rider way of seeing the bigger animals of the zoo, the bears (except polar), giraffes lions elephants and most of the tigers can only be seen from a couple of minutes safari ride, even on quiet days there's normally an hour- three hour wait for it. These animals should be the highlight of the zoo and I want to spend my time grabbing those pictures, I haven't yet had a chance to see any of these animals because i just can't justify a three hour wait and then trying to grab photos around the Koreans with their papparazzi cameras in a 5 minute bus ride (seriously they go all out with their SLRs here, the lens they all seem to have are huge!)

Anyways i'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story however if a picture tells 1000 words, i've probably made some spelling mistakes.

Rob
1.JPG
2.JPG
Celebration Center.... Yep that sum's up Everland!
3.jpg
Korea in 3 words.... Standing room only
4.jpg
This month is the tulip festival
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
Ooooh pretty
8.JPG
The Brits invade Everland, as you do
9.jpg
A tease for part 2 of this update
10.jpg
Cool colour drain option on my friends camera on hurricanes queue themeing
11.JPG
Take the shot
12.JPG
Score
13.JPG
The crowd goes wild
14.JPG
Every sealion show needs a breakdancing drum beating sealion
15.JPG
16.5.JPG
16.JPG
Genetically enhanced meerkat?
17.JPG
18.JPG
Next made for TV syfy movie?
19.JPG
TPR standard photo!
20.JPG
So cool it has two signs (and i even got to have my picture with the penguin)
21.JPG
No wonder i couldn't find the lemurs in the rest of the exhibit
22.jpg
23.JPG
24.JPG
25.JPG
See tulip festival
26.JPG
I've cunningly hidden the full frontal nudity behind the waterfall
27.JPG
28.JPG
29.JPG
30.JPG
31.JPG
32.JPG
Is this a real life band?
33.5.JPG
This place is even more stunning at night
33.JPG
34.JPG
35.JPG
36.JPG
37.JPG
38.JPG
Part two coming up soon

Postby Garet » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 am

Onto part two, the rides,

Summing up the rides here, T express is incredible and for me has the second most surprising first drop i've ever been on (1st being Jubilee Oddessy in Skegness - how can that drop look so vertical from the front seat yet from every other angle on the ground just look like a huge curved drop?) it just doesn't let up from start until finish. Rolling X-Train is just awful and Eagles Fortress is under refurbishment..........still.........apparently. I've lived in Korea in 2 months and i've seen huge shops and houses pop up in weeks, In a month of Everland, i've seen cranes dismantle rides and have them back up in weeks, if something is needing refurbishment then you'd know it, yet on every trip there has not been a sign of life on the ride, I really do think that it's being left to rot.... I hope i'm wrong but after seeing how quick they have repaired other rides and from the state of the ride (it looks a little bit overgrown) I think it may get left to rot but I do hope i'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure the top scan isn't a real one but a chinese knock-off I have no proof but after riding a lot of topscans, this one felt different and i'm pretty sure it wasn't down to the cycle. Topscans are one of my favourite flats and most i've riden even Samurai on its tamest setting has moments of out of control crazyness but this 1 just didn't feel the same way. It's like wearing someone elses pants, they look the same to everyone else but to you they just don't feel right.

Rob
1.JPG
Let's just get it out of the way now.... This is probably lies.
2.JPG
Why aren't you open?
3.5.JPG
3.JPG
New paint job.... still an awful ride
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
This had such an insane cycle running at least 5 flips going each direction
8.JPG
8.4.JPG
8.5.JPG
Chinese fake, i'm sure
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
Free heaters at the end and splash blankets to cover you all the way around, most dan friendly eater ride ever made?
13.JPG
And I end this update with T express pictures
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG
20.JPG
21.JPG
22.JPG
23.JPG
24.5.JPG
24.JPG
Oh no stell transfer track, now do we have to classify T express as a steel coaster? It's the texas giant debate all over
25.JPG
26.JPG
Last edited by Garet on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 am.

Postby Garet » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 am

Finally part three, Everland sure knows how to close a party. Seriously the closing show was amazing, only disneyland beats it out for me. i've done my best to capture the best bits on camera but it couldn't pick up any of the lasers or half the effects that were also going off at the same time. The shows called dream of Lucuin, he should probably see a psychiatrist, these dreams aren't normal. Then after that probably a lawyer since he's definately dreaming of some of Disneys shows.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.jpg
7.JPG
8.5.JPG
8.JPG
9.5.JPG
9.JPG
10.5.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.5.JPG
14.JPG
15.5.JPG
I've seen this somewhere before....
15.jpg
16.5.jpg
16.7.jpg
17.jpg
So south korean facebook makes these cool motange pictures while you edit, why doesn't english facebook do this?
15316_381448906746_505246746_4256326_551311_n.jpg
15316_381448941746_505246746_4256333_2916006_n.jpg
The Grand Finale fireworks
15316_381448946746_505246746_4256334_4343570_n.jpg
15316_381448956746_505246746_4256335_6299675_n.jpg
P1010116.JPG
P1010122.JPG
P1010131.JPG
P1010134.JPG
P1010142.JPG
P1010147.JPG
P1010151.JPG
P1010156.JPG
P1010158.JPG
P1010159.JPG
P1010160.JPG
P1010235.JPG

This button makes my penis erect.

Re: Photo TR: Lotte World & Now Everland

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:45 am

Beautiful park. Thanks for the photos.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:55 am

Absolutely love this park! Can't wait until we can take another TPR tour there. I really wish there was some news either way about Eagle's Fortress. Even if they'd just rip it out at least we knew what the fate of it was. Having it sit there tempting us that there *might* be hope is so mean!

Oh well, at least they have T Express...and the rest of the park is uber awesome! You really can't complain! =)

--Robb

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:11 am

Robb how would you compare El Toro to T-Express? Is there a comparison?
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive