TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Robb and Cfc,

Since you've both racked up a pretty good number of credits, where you would rank I305?

Top 5? Top 10? Top 20?

I think it could crack my top ten, but time will tell.

Right now I am praising the coaster gods for putting this in my backyard. I keep reading people's comments like, "This sucks...I live really far away" and just think how lucky I am to live only 1.5 hrs away. I normally go to BG but this looks like it might warrant a trip.

One question...how long do you think it will take before KD is forced to lessen the intensity by adding trims because someone "gets hurt" or something?

Somewhere in Sandusky, Dick Kinzel is crying

Dick Kinzel was there actually! No crying.

Must be because he is secretly going to move 305 to CP and Millennium Force to Kings Dominion

This ride looks AMAZING. Too bad I have 97 days until I get to ride . I can definitely see the possibility of 305 beating out Maverick for my #1 spot.

With every POV I see of this ride it makes me wish that saturday would hurry up & get here already.

No doubt I'll find it hard to sleep tomorrow night with the thought of being able t o ride this beast just a few hours later.For those who got ride photos where on the course is the camera located?

Everyone keeps talking about the possibility of adding trims or modifying the track to reduce the g-forces, but there really is a simpler solution: just slow the lift! I mean, this coaster FLIES up and over the top of the lift, if they want to slow the ride, why not just slow the lift (or at least when the train approaches the top like they did to El Toro). Drop that speed by a few MPH and I think you completely control the problem of people blacking/graying out... I mean, I can't say much as I haven't even ridden the coaster yet, just saying there's easier ways if they want to "tame" the ride a little.

Everyone keeps talking about the possibility of adding trims or modifying the track to reduce the g-forces, but there really is a simpler solution: just slow the lift! I mean, this coaster FLIES up and over the top of the lift, if they want to slow the ride, why not just slow the lift (or at least when the train approaches the top like they did to El Toro). Drop that speed by a few MPH and I think you completely control the problem of people blacking/graying out... I mean, I can't say much as I haven't even ridden the coaster yet, just saying there's easier ways if they want to "tame" the ride a little.

Totally agree. The good news about that is I don't even notice any significant difference between El Toro with the lift slowed and when it sped right over.

Tomorrow is going to be the longest day of my life... Can't wait to go down there Saturday and see how it ranks among my favorites. Based on rides like Maverick and Kumba always being among my top 5 steel rides I feel like a ride with a similar but elevated level of insane intensity will have to be a winner in my book. The reverse POV calmed my fears that the transitions would be terribly painful. Looks absolutely incredible. I hope Saturday I can get on the front and back... Will have to see what the line is like, though.

Edited by Capitalize

However for those interested in the ride, it begins with a slow, nerve-racking 305-foot climb in the air with the first drop descending at an 85-degree angle at more than 90 miles an hour.

Slow? I really don't see how anyone could think that's a slow lift.

Edited by nannerdw

I am surprised that they actually used stairs on the lift hill instead of the little tram thing Millennium Force has. I'd hate to get stuck and have to walk down. I'd hope they tie you off.

All the coverage, reports, and video just make me all the more intrigued and interested in the Ferrari World coaster. Nice work on the video, Robb.

I was thinking the same thing.

Personally I think the transcribe audio options attempts at translating Robb's voice while going 100mph definately adds a touch of TPR humour to it. Personal favourite translation of Robb's lines was I like morning boris.

Rob

1194219209_.JPG.8ab87de4961cd737aa192ac5fb77d8bc.JPG