TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

That thick bar part is still there. it is just hidden by the angle.

the only difference I see is the enlarged "ear" pads

JEFF

If you look at the seat directly behind the one I circled in the I305 picture, it does not appear to have the thick bar part.

If you look at the train in the concept art, it still has the thick bars for both seats in between the seats, like on Fahrenheit.

Exactly, You can see them here...

I don't understand what the big deal is.

Look at it this way: Would you like EGF as much as you do if it had these restraints? Or Bizarro? Or the Mega-Lites? I'm pretty sure I would not. To me, part of what is good about Mega/Giga coasters is the relatively minimal restraints.

I think I understand why the park did this, but I sure as heck hope this does not become a trend.

Is it a *big* deal? Probably not. I'll still likely make the 10 hour drive some time this year.

I don't understand what the big deal is.

There is no big deal about it. It's just that enthusiasts always want everything to go their way. When they don't get their own way, they b^tch and moan about it until they get over it. It's a natural part of the theme park off season announcements and construction.

Everyone complained about I305's layout when it was first announced.

Everyone is complaining about Thirteen right now.

I remember people being upset over Shoot the Rapids

Diamondback, Fahrenheit, Maverick, etc... etc... etc... They always complain.

In fact, I can't remember a year when coaster enthusiasts didn't complain about [insert new ride name here] ever (maybe in the early 2000s, but I can't really remember). It'll die down once opening day approaches and reviews start flowing in.

The main issue is, to me anyway, that there's a ride in the very same park that goes upside down 4 times and doesn't have OTSR's, yet a ride that has 0 inversions and has no need for them does...especially considering the fact that there are umpteen rides similar to it that operate with lap bars. The absolute best case scenario is that the restraints don't cause any discomfort and are basically just "there". In other words, they'd still be useless/pointless.

As someone who's not exactly tall (5'7") and has had issues with similar restraints, I think it's a reasonable concern.

The main issue is, to me anyway, that there's a ride in the very same park that goes upside down 4 times and doesn't have OTSR's, yet a ride that has 0 inversions and has no need for them does...especially considering the fact that there are umpteen rides similar to it that operate with lap bars. The absolute best case scenario is that the restraints don't cause any discomfort and are basically just "there". In other words, they'd still be useless/pointless.

I don't understand why this matters or why there is even a pointless discussion about it. It has OTSR's. BIG F**KING DEAL!!! Lots of coasters do. Lots of coasters don't. Deal with it.

Here's a thought.

Wait until the ride opens.

If you like it. Ride it a lot.

If you don't like it. Don't ride it.

There you go...

Edited by robbalvey

It is so HUMAN to worry about those restraints, if someone`s afraid the ride could be spoiled because of them...

It is so INTELLIGENT to wait until there`s the chance to ride and then (maybe) complain...

George "pretty sure this thing will kick a§§" T.

Edited by GeorgeT

^ & ^^ & ^^^ Agreed. I mean, I have ridden just about every single Intamin coaster in the world either with or without these similar restraints.

I can tell you that even the roughest of the Intamin coasters WITH these restraints is NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD as some other manufacturers coasters I've been on.

I think the ride looks awesome. And I'm willing to put money on that it will ride as good as it looks.

--Robb

I couldn't agree more Robb, though I have ridden considerably less of said rides. Kingda Ka and Storm Runner being the major 2 I have of the said kind. I did not mind it. Considering I see people bash SR for its restraints being harder than the newer versions. I am going to wait and see how this ride turns out.

I don't understand why this matters or why there is even a pointless discussion about it. It has OTSR's. BIG F**KING DEAL!!! Lots of coasters do. Lots of coasters don't. Deal with it.

Here's a thought.

Wait until the ride opens.

If you like it. Ride it a lot.

If you don't like it. Don't ride it.

There you go...

I've said several times in this thread that I'm excited to ride it and am going out of my way to drive 6-7 hours to ride it, so while I have a minor issue with it, it's not a "ride killer" to me as it is to others. Inconvenience, on the other hand, yes.

I have a lot of issues going on in my life right now and would appreciate not being stepped all over like that. I get enough belittling and disrespect in real life scenarios.

I don't really think the restraints should be taken as a ride killer at all!. Of course I understand that there is people that find them uncomfortable, but why not try to be a little optimistic and wait until you ride it? maybe if you go and ride it, but not thinking about how bad the restraints will be, there's a chance the ride will be a lot more enjoyable!

And the personal attacks keep raining in. Again I'll reference a previous quote:

I've said several times in this thread that I'm excited to ride it and am going out of my way to drive 6-7 hours to ride it

I want to point out that I was not referring to you in my message! just my general point of view about the subject after reading many of the posts here.

^^ No one is "personally attacking" you. That would be saying things like you're an idiot, you're stupid, you have no knowledge, you don't know what you're talking about, etc., which no one has done. People (including the owner of this website) are simply making the suggestion that you try it first before passing judgement and putting it down so quickly, or just try to have a positive attitude, despite the minor "inconvenience," as you call it.

Personally I couldn't care less about the restraints. Every other Intamin I've been on with them has been great, so I don't mind them at all. Looking forward to possibly riding this in August.

^^ No one is "personally attacking" you. That would be saying things like you're an idiot, you're stupid, you have no knowledge, you don't know what you're talking about, etc., which no one has done. People (including the owner of this website) are simply making the suggestion that you try it first before passing judgement and putting it down so quickly, or just try to have a positive attitude, despite the minor "inconvenience," as you call it.

Personally I couldn't care less about the restraints. Every other Intamin I've been on with them has been great, so I don't mind them at all. Looking forward to possibly riding this in August.

Again, I've said I'm excited to ride it and am going to the park this summer to do so. I said it could possibly be an inconvenience to riders, and like I said, I have enough things going on in my life that I don't need to be belittled and sworn at on the internet. I get this enough in real life.

I've said the same thing several times about how excited I am to ride it, but it's like people ignore that part just to step all over me.

Hmm, I wasn't aware that simply saying "maybe it's best to wait until you actually ride it before forming such a firm opinion" was so vulgar and insulting.

It wasn't even a firm opinion. I said it could possibly be an inconvenience to some riders. Everyone is making me out to be this bad, evil person and I don't get why. I didn't do anything wrong.

Feel the Force and Josh Linn - Points/Concerns are expressed and noted.

You both "AGREE" that riding I305 will be the true test, let's leave it at that as you are on the same page.

As a moderator I don't view either one of you as being evil.

Edited by larrygator