Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:54 pm

I remember Robb saying that what we saw in the animation and pics is what we are going to get in terms of trains. That should be a minor consideration since you guys now have a massive 300' coaster. That is just awesome. Would love to see one up here one day.

That is one spectacular attraction. Huge 'wow' factor, even just by looking at some of the great pics posted here. I'm so tempted to make a trip down to Virginia this spring and definitely make KD part of it, without a doubt. I guess that'll mean a Platinum Pass where the parking could actually come in handy. Out of curiosity, is Richmond Airport the closest? haha

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 pm

I pray that my head doesn't get bashed around like it did at the end of Storm Runner.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:39 pm

rollin_n_coastin wrote:Out of curiosity, is Richmond Airport the closest? haha

Yep--roughly a half-hour drive.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby chad5871 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Is there any news on the Planet Snoopy makeover? With all this talk of I305 I haven't heard a thing about it.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:44 pm

^ Other than annoucing the names of the rides, not really. There have been no updates. KDFansite isn't interested as half the site is content with calling John Pagel a liar, bashing the OTSR, and debaing over pointless information.

For the KDF regulars, it is getting rediculuous.

I'm glad that their is sanity in this forum.

I think the OTSR may cut your head a bit in the quick transitions but otherwise should really be a major factor in the ride.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Der Der Dongt » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:50 am

I still think they ruined a coaster that could have been my new #1
Same as with Maverick, if the ride had MF style lapbars, it would probably be the best one out there in my opinion.
Intamin really should design new lapbars for the US that allow bigger people to ride.
They are not unsafe or something, after all Intamin still used the old restraints on the mega lites and other lapbars on El Toro and Bizarro.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:37 am

Final Confirmation picture of the restraints, up close and personal.
25186_110499598964948_100000147251201_261990_4111621_n.jpg
Maverick Restraints + Padding = I305 Restraints

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:49 am

Boy they really need to wash those trains before opening day.

EDIT: And why is there a bottle of Aquafina duct taped to the top of a dummy's head? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:08 am

^^Hey thanks for posting and keeping everyone up to date! The only issue I’ve had with those restraints are that they can stink (as in smell like BO and other nastiness) really bad like on Kingda Ka this past fall LoL

It’s understandable that those closest to the project, such as members on local fan sites, will always feel more of a let down when they realize that they can’t predict the future and read minds. Everyone was a part of the process in a way so guessing games, creatively and dreaming are part of the fun, regardless of facts, animations and pictures. Calling this a failure or ruined is such an exaggeration though. I understand some minor disappointment but beyond that, can’t really understand why i305 would be considered ruined, especially if more people can ride it.

You can’t blame KD for going with the info that they had. Obviously CF wanted something accommodating for more guests. Maybe the new strap OSTRs were of concern after computer modeling for a variety of reasons so they went back to the original design for this ride. Or, it was always going to be this way.

If you think what’s going on in the KD fansite is crazy, you should have seen the arguing over the angle of decent not being as steep as published and trim breaks being added to Behemoth. People called Behemoth everything in the range of a disappointment to a failure. It’s definitely miles away from being anywhere close to a failure.

On a final note, Chuck, thanks for the airport info!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:51 am

Skycoastin Steve wrote:EDIT: And why is there a bottle of Aquafina duct taped to the top of a dummy's head? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Clearance testing perhaps?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!