TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

While there's never truly any guarantee that a new ride will be open by opening day, they have a pretty large event planned for I305 that day and probably have a very specific schedule laid out for the testing and all that jazz in the upcoming weeks. Carowinds actually opens before KD, and that Intimidator was also finished sooner than I305, so that's why it was testing so much sooner. They also don't do pull-throughs on B&Ms like they do on Intamins. Tell your parents to rest easy, there are some pretty smart people in Doswell getting that coaster ready for April 2.

Media Day will be on April 1st via Invitation only.

Also, I305 to have hard OTSR like Maverick.

EDIT: I found the pic... It is very small. The edges have been photoshopped out...

ADMIN EDIT: Removed Park PR person information. We do not want him being bombarded with e-mail requests to attend media day.

intimidatortrain.jpg.f1c62f8ab1f43663330b5c9979521ab4.jpg

Pic of I305 train with Hard OTSR restraints

Edited by Jew

The source is one of the KDfansite posters. Not too reliable, but i believe this is the real deal.

Yes, it is a little photoshopped [the edges around the train have been removed] but I believe that the actually train pic is real. That is really hard to photoshop.

What I do know is he at least has a pic of the train on the tracks which no one has seen yet. [whether the restraints have been photoshopped on or not]

^Hmm--this photo isn't exactly receiving widespread acceptance at the KD Fansite. No offense meant to you here, but I'm going to write this off as a fake until we receive something definitive from the park.

We'll know soon enough.

Those OTSR's look orange in that picture. I really don't see KD putting orange restraints on a red and black train which leads me to believe that pic is photoshopped. Also if you look closely the restraint on the right looks wider than the one on the left. I don't know if thats an illusion, but last time I checked Intamin doesn't make some shoulder restraints of the same type wider than others.

^That almost looks like the train in the animations of the ride. Also there is no seatbelt clip on those restraints.

Agreed. That is the exact train from the rendering. The "different angle" was just achieved by taking the picture of the train and erasing the "background". Definately not photoshop, but perhaps a crappy job with Paint?

^Yea, that's what I was thinking. Those photos seem like they could be from the teaser video on the KD website.

That's what it looks like to me, too. I'm calling "shenanigans" on this.

As has been said earlier, we'll know soon enough. Please quit posting blurry, indistinct photos.

Edited by jedimaster1227

"The source," wilin1, has posted another pic, from a different angle as his avatar...

Definitely not photoshop.

If it wasn't photoshopped there is no reason to cover everything up in white. Sorry, it is photoshopped. And like everyone else has said, it is probably a photoshop of the animation video.

Media Day will be on April 1st via Invitation only.

Also, I305 to have hard OTSR like Maverick.

EDIT: I found the pic... It is very small. The edges have been photoshopped out...

it looks realish, it has the grey bumper cap that is on the i305 site photo gallery, but is a wierd olive green colour in the renders.

the colour of the restraints could just be a lighting and camera issue.

The second one is definately a chop imo.

Edited by Jew

As far as the restraints are concerned, to some extent I think I would prefer the hard restraints as they would provide some distance away from my shoulders, allowing at least a bit more feeling of freedom and airtime. Either way, its all good.

Apparently Clint got some video of a test run.