Coffee

Anything about coffee!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Coffee

Postby holidayworld08 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Occasionally I will drink mild brewed coffee but what I love is the Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino! =)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby mightypotato » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:29 am

As a Canadian, I am legally obligated to be addicted to Tim Hortons' double-double (2 cream, 2 sugar). I quite enjoy coffee, but rarely spring for the more upscale "gourmet" coffees available at a Starbucks or Second Cup. Usually, I just end up drinking the relatively gross coffee that is provided for free at work.
Parks: 55, Steel: 234, Wood: 72, Total: 306
I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!

I play Metroid every day!

Postby Kennyweird » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:41 pm

I occasionally drink coffee. Not on a regular basis, though.
This is my signature. Deal with it.
Kennywood Rides Team Member- Racer/Skycoaster
Coaster count: 67

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 pm

I LOVE COFFEE! Coffee, espresso, caps, lattes, and machiottos.

I'm VERY curious about "Blue Mountain Coffee" that a co-worker told me about last week. Told me it was awesomely good, but also awesomely expensive @ about $40 a pound! Anyone here ever drink it?
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby KevinM » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:37 am

^I peruse coffee forums and the like quite a bit, and I've never seen this "Blue Mountain" coffee referenced. That's not to say it's necessarily bad, but usually a coffee worthy of that kind of price tag makes a name for itself. The current most expensive coffee is of the Gesha varietal from Hacienda La Esmeralda in Panama. Certain lots of this Gesha have sold for over $100/pound unroasted! The bulk of it is sold at around $30/pound unroasted, but that is still incredibly high! Many roasters were asking for $100+ /pound for it roasted. I have never tried it, but I'm sure its... good. Worth the price, I doubt it.

Instead of chasing some magical coffee at a ridiculous price, I work on getting the most out of "lesser" coffees. A great coffee, even $100/pound coffee means nothing if it's not fresh. A good grinder is imperative. Also one must mind the freshness of the roast. I've just begun to do my own roasting, and it's fantastic. Believe it or not, I do it in a popcorn popper, as shown in this coffeegeek article.

Anyway, I'm dragging up a two-month dormant thread here but I could talk day and night about coffee. Here's another photo of my work:
great cappa.jpg
The most beautiful cappuccino I've ever poured. Not the best tasting though.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:32 am

DCA Mochas at Schmoozies are the single best coffee drink ever. Oh my god there is so much chocolate, and it is frozen expresso, so its good for a few hours. I miss my moms starbucks winter blend, I liked it quite a bit. I also love my college's coffee shop and am quite a fan of either java chip on a hot day or a Caramel Mocha on a colderf day.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby manakin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm very addicted to coffee !! But I drink only espresso, here in Italy isn't in use the american coffee or other types....
without coffee, my life is empty :)

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:00 pm

I was the only one in the family I grew up in (seven people total) that never liked or drank coffee. And now, I'm the only one in our household (of three) who doesn't drink it.

Strangely, though, the blend of coffee and chocolate is actually pretty good, and my favorite flavor of the M&Ms Premium candies is the Mocha one. Now, guess which one they don't make anymore? :angry:

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Around this time of year (finals) I become a coffee addict. Lately I've been pouring down 4-6 cups a day which is something I want to back off of a bit.
--Allen

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:28 pm

My partner David got me a French Press coffee maker last Christmas, which I had already enjoyed and learned to use at my friend's home in Sweden who I visited with, just before the TPR Scandi Tour started up last June.

My press takes a coarse grind of coffee beans, and the little thing only makes two med-sized cups of coffee. That's enough for myself, as my partner doesn't drink coffee - at - all, heh heh.

But I like it, it makes having a cup of java a bit more interesting... and the used grinds are compostable!

:smile:

(And I still have and enjoy my packets of Starbucks instant VIA, dark roast, lol...)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random