TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

^ I liked Hulk's scarezone, the one in year 15 (I think,) where it had the Motorcycle's and chain dudes. Man that year was the best.

It was split between both parks, and three of the mazes were in stagehouses, we got to go in early, because the "waiting zone" was right next to them, and we had passes so we just walked in there, without having to leave the park. (we already had our tickets as well.) They were some of the best houses of the night and there was NOBODY in there, but they made us wait a little bit, because they were sending us in, in tiny little groups so we'd get scared more, and we did. Then the other houses were spread across IOA, they used Poseidon's Fury for one, we had 1 person with a cave light on there helmet that they'd hand out randomly, and it was so dark it was crazy. Then there was Body Collectors, which went through the Jurrasic Park Playground area, it was amazing. The Skool used up some random wearhouse near Dudley-Do-Right, and I think there was another house, that I can't remember. And the scarezones were amazing. There also wasn't as much smoking and drinking, and craziness going on back then. (not that I'm biased against it, it just adds to the craziness of the crowds.)

Ever since that year (which was my first time,) it's kind of gone downhill for me each time, but I still go and enjoy myself.

EDIT: Sorry bout' being a bit off topic.

Some new effects have been tested in this house, including an amazing "flight system" that makes the legend's wives hover over you as if by magic in smooth, almost ghostly fashion.

Havent they been doing that since, castle vampyr??

It is a different set up this year than in the past - they kind of follow you. Hard to explain but really cool to see.

I'm actually on the exact same page as you Vintage. My first time going to HHN was also the last time they had it in IOA and i have to say it was one of the most fun nights of my life. It was a billion times better than any of the HHNs after it. I felt like there was plenty of room in IOA, they should at least switch off from park to park each year.

But I thought this years would be fun because of Rockit, but clearly that won't happen. This ride is turning into a joke. How long is it going to take universal to get their act together with this ride? Running 4 trains, 2 of which are broken, broken seats in the running trains, audio problems, extremely long wait times due to lack of loading speed, not using the moving platform...And then they are going to send you a brochure of HHN with HRRR listed as a NEW! attraction on it without saying it will be closed? What a joke. I was going to be purchasing my tickets today, but i heard from friends that this year's HHN sucked and they wanted to burn the place down because they wanted to ride HRRR but it was closed for no good reason. Well congrats for creating the most technologically advanced ride in the world- too bad you can't make it work. I'll pass on waiting 2 hours for my 50/50 chance at having an uncomfortably rough ride and praying my audio selection works. Lame universal. Lame.

Wow Duke.

First off. All trains are on site now. The two that were having problems have already/or are in the process received a fix. There hasn't been many reports of the chairs on the ride being broken.

Using the conveyor belt loading makes no difference unless you're using all seven trains which they haven't been yet. As of right now HRRR will be open for HHN as soon as they install nets in the areas above where the queue lines for the soundstage houses are. It's as simple as that. Just because HRRR was outlined in the passholder map doesn't mean that it'll be open the night of the event. That's why there's park maps for specific nights.

In the meanwhile they're using this downtime during HHN to continue running the new trains that just got onsite.

You're making it seem like Universal themselves didn't open it for HHN out of spite. Obviously that isn't the case.

If all you are looking foward to do is to riding Rockit during HHN, why go to HHN in the first place? It is silly to say that HHN this year sucks because Rockit is not open. HHN this year is really good so it would be a shame to not go to the event just because of a closed ride that you can ride during the day.

I did get to ride Rockit twice Friday afternoon. This time I got to experience the back row as well as row three on two different trains. The back row was quite smooth. The third row did have some rattle, but nothing worse than what you can expect on a Vekoma.

^Besides the skeleton of the building in cinder block and steel, that is about all you are going to get. Though it looks like there is still a lot to do, we really have no idea how much is done on the inside for the ride and that is really the major work.

They're currently in the process of installing scenic pieces for the ride.

HHN was amazing this year. The Wolfman and Ripped from the Silver Screen houses were definitely my favorites. I have still yet to experience SAW (which I'm really looking forward to) and Bill and Ted's, but I'm sure they are great.

Of all the houses I have experienced, I'd have to say the most messed up/ disorienting house was the Spawning. For the last half of that house, I couldn't see anything, or navigate through without grabbing onto the stranger in front of me! Good thing I'm not epileptic.

It's also important to note that they have finally figured out an organized queue layout for the soundstages. It seems that for the past 2 years, the lines were crammed between the stages and seemed unorganized, but this year, the line entrances are placed further apart and each house has its own queue area. I don't know why it's a big deal to me, but it makes me happy.

If only they could find a way to hide scarectors going on break from the sprung houses. It kills the mystery when you see all the characters walking out from the buildings!

My only real disappointment (that doesn't really have anything to do with the houses or scare zones) is the fact that HRRR never opened, even though they clearly advertise it on the maps. Apparently they have been testing the conveyor loading system, so maybe it will open next weekend.

I wasnt too impressed about this years event. Maybe it was because i went on the first night..idk? But the scare zones seemed a little lame. The houses were "ok" And the lines were so looonnngg! Maybe I should have spent the extra cash for express passes?? I couldn't believe some of the wait times. We waited over 75 minutes for Saw and over 50 minutes for Chucky! Friends and I were only able to do four of the houses cuz they closed Friday @ midnight. Wasnt worth my money oh and the Rockit coaster wasnt even open. Lame! Oh well at least The Mummy coaster was open and only ten mintues:) Overall i think i would have enjoyed it more if it wasnt so packed. I give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

I can't wait to check out Busch Garden's Howl-O-Scream. I bet its ganna be a lot of fun:]

Also spoke with Kim Grommel the creator of past scare zones like “The Skool” and this year’s Horrorwood Drive Inn”. Kim gave us a great tidbit: there is a new small indie movie called “Scare Zone” that will be either in theaters or on DVD soon that was filmed in last year’s “Body Collectors” house. So be on the look out for it.

I found a link to the movie's official website. http://www.scarezonemovie.com/

From the movie trailer, you can see some familiar sets from last year's Body Collectors house.

Saw is going to have the crazy line award of the event - it was 75 minutes all night last night even with the horrible rain that we had in Orlando. Best advice = do it within the first 1/2 hour of the event or buy an express pass.

For those of you who are interested in checking out the wait times for HHN even if you are not there text TONIGHT to 64646. It sends them out every hour or 1/2 hour depending on how busy it is. Interesting stuff to see it change throughout the night.

Thank you all sooo much for sharing all your pics and stories of HHN 19! I've only been once (last year). I'm terrified of horror movies, but my husband dragged me in (literally) for our honeymoon and it was the most fun being scared I've ever had! I can't afford to go this year, so I really am having fun visiting vicariously through you guys!! Keep the posts coming!!

^LOL!!!

There was a scarezone in that area one year...and I almost drowned in a lake!!! True story, ask Derek...it was HILARIOUS...and yeah, I don't think they've put anything there since!

Yup, one minute she was walking right next to us through dense fog, the next she was about a foot shorter and very wet. I *think* that was in 2001.

I went to HHN twice already (Friday and Saturday) and both nights they were testing the ride using the conveyor belt loading system. I asked a few employees at the line entrances to the houses and they said that they don't know when it will open for HHN. But if they are testing it now with all the newly arrived trains along with the loading system, it should open soon.

I just hope that they turn off those damn trim brakes. It completely defeats the purpose of a roller coaster. Like on BTMR, the train is already too long and too heavy for anyone to feel significant speed or force, why slow it down!? If anything they need power wheels like on the Matterhorn. Sorry, just sayin.