TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

The artwork is impressive. I am also looking forward to seeing how the Journey ride turns out. I think the wand shop is Magic Quest is it not? So in theory, kids will run around with their loose article upcharge item and interact with props scattered around HP land. That could be pretty cool depending on the execution.

And with two films still due out next year, perfect timing for Universal.

I honestly can't wait to see this completed and for more details about the Forbidden Journey to come out.

What I'm really curious about is how a wand will choose a wizard in Olivander's. It's a great way to get parent's to buy a wand for their kids..."But mom, the wand picked ME! It's my wand!"

That's the first thing that I thought too!

Honestly, admitting how much of a nerd I am, I recently started reading the books and I absolutely see the appeal in the franchise, not to mention an entire (is)land. As far as the dark ride goes, it could be themed to "Joe's Apartment" for all I care as long as it's cool.

I hope it doesn't replace the lost continent because the Dueling Dragon's are by far the best B and M inverted ever.

Will they be able to pull it off though? The theming looks great but it depends what rides there are going to be. They should be able to make a great land cause universal always do.

Is there a no music option you can select?

I don't think so. I haven't ridden, so maybe someone who has can correct me if I am wrong. But I do know for sure that if you don't pick a song by a certain amount of time, then the computer just picks one for you. So my answer is no, you get music.

It automatically picks Busy Child from Crystal Method.

As for my review, the ride is average. The non-inverting loops is funky, and the Treble Cleff is one monster of an element. That thing pulls some serious Gs, but after the trevle cleff? The ride peters out and gets boring. Not to mention that the "crowd surfer" turn over the queue is horribly designed. The train is going so slow that the riders slam into the side of the seat instead of "surfing." They really need to learn how to properly load and unload, too. One train dispatches every 3 minutes. That's 12 people per 3 minutes. Its horrible capacity.

Yeti is up and working again, just a FYI. He's the most complex AA ever created so, I'd say a large chunk of cash went in to him more than anything. I don't think you can't say that the EE queue is one of the most impressive ever created. It really draws you into the story, if you have time to look at all the eye candy.

FYI, I just rode Everest today, and like every other time since the internet declared the yeti fixed, he was still broken. Not to mention the ride is getting incredibly rough.

When the ride opened it had about 5 special effects- the steam, the waterfall, the bird at the top, the projection, and the yeti. Today, the only thing working was the projection. Pretty sad. At least with other 100 million dollar attractions, there's plenty of effects in case certain ones malfunction. 3 years later and Everest is just a roller coaster in and around a hollow mountain.

^^^My apologies about the previous comment. I now understand that you acquired the photos in a proper manner and apologize for any previous concern.

Like I said earlier, I am definitely glad to see you enjoyed the ride. While my first experience was not nearly what I had hoped for, it is uplifting to see such a positive response in the midst of some more harsh criticism.

The RPG Geek in me is definitely interested in the themeing, and yeah, I like to shop too. I'm looking forward to this new area in a relaxed way.

Honestly, I don't think the Kuka ride will be OMFG-amazing, but I do think it will be differently fun when compared to things like Spiderman, or other dark rides.

While all the Potter themeing and possible Magiquest stuff could be fun, The Wizarding World just doesn't hold a candle to Wes and Unicorn Power. Now THAT, is quality entertainment!

^^^My apologies about the previous comment. I now understand that you acquired the photos in a proper manner and apologize for any previous concern.

Its all good my friend. I'm just here trying to show my amazing experience to others.

I happen to think its a really superb ride. So there may be a few glitches here and there, but, I'm just so happy it is now open.

Can anyone confirm if Dueling Dragons is still open?

I'm off to Orlando this Friday for the first time ever from the UK and have wanted to ride it since it was built.

I heard a rumour it was supposed to close late August for the re-theme and feel like I'm hanging by a thread that maybe I'll get lucky.

I was planning on going to IOA on 5th October but can shuffle my days to bring it forwards if needs be!

From that document,

Located in Hogwarts castle, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™ is a

thrilling new state-of-the-art attraction that will bring the magic, characters

and stories of Harry Potter to life in ways never before experienced. The queue through Hogwarts castle is an attraction in itself.

Waiting in line should be fun for this ride.

Wow, that is a pretty cool backstory. I am impressed with the detail they go into, especially considering that a lot of people probably are not aware of this and will greatly enjoy the event without ever reading or knowing it.

By the way, there is a contest you can enter to win horror DVDs or a Sharp tv on that website.