TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite genre of music?

What is your favorite genre of music?  

285 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite genre of music?

• Rock
    • Heavy Metal
    • Punk
    • Ska
    • Techno
    • Alternative
    • Country
    • Blue Grass
    • Pop
    • Rap
    • Rap
    • Jazz
    • Classical
    • Mellow "Jack Johnson" style
    • Gospel
    • Hip Hop
    • House

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that I could pick a favorite genre, so I'm not gonna vote.

I love music. Almost all music.

The only stuff that I can't handle is Gospel, R&B, & Opera. Yuck!

My iTunes is loaded with everything that you can think of, besides the 3 genres mentioned above.

As of lately, I've been on a Bluegrass & Hip-Hop kick.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy Metal was the closest genre of musical tastes. I actually like Hardcore/Screamo bands such as Devil Wears Prada, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, The Chariot, Chiodos, Cry of the Afflicted, Destroy Destroy Destroy, Enter Shikari, Fear my Thoughts, Haste the Day, He is Legend, Impending Doom, Lamb of God, MyChildren MyBride, Necrophagist, Norma Jean, Oh Sleeper, Phinehas, A Plea for Purging, The Showdown, Sleeping Giant, Sworn Enemy, A Thousand Times Repent, Underoath, Walls of Jericho, The Warriors, and (finally), Whitechapel.

My top favorites are punk, classic rock, and rap/hip-hop.

I like most subgenres of punk I've heard (political, classic punk, street punk, Oi!, ska-punk, punk-pop, hardcore punk, UK77, etc.) but my all-time favorite category is Christian punk.

Other genres I enjoy are ska, reggae, pop-punk, oldies, hard/alternative rock, "indie", power pop, post-punk, new wave, and probably some others I've forgotten.

Can't believe I missed this topic before... better late than never, I suppose.

Anyways, my favourite genre of music is rock; bands like AC/DC, Kiss, and Aerosmith are usually what I listen to. I don't branch out much further than various kinds of rock, but here are my other favourites.

Alternative Rock (ie, Red Hot Chili Peppers)

Blues (ie, ZZ Top)

Grunge (ie, Nirvana)

Metal (ie, Metallica)

Pop/Rock (ie, The Beatles)

Punk Rock (ie, Green Day)

I couldn't choose on just one genre so I'll make a list:

Post-hardcore - Enter Shikari's new album.

Drum and Bass - Pendulum's old stuff.

Rock - InMe.

I tend to like most music. But those are my specific favorites.

(Also, am I using apostrophes correctly?)

Electro all the way...

Bands like MSTRKRFT, Daft Punk, Justice, Boys Noize, Digitalism, and others.

Makes me wish electronic music wasn't so stereotyped here in the states.

Well, at least where I live it is.

Ill listen to anything though.

Nu metal(slipknot, korn), bullet for my valentine) Metal/Hardrock (disturbed) thrash/classic metal(the black tide, metalica,) Metalcore (suicide silence) I listen to a little glam like a few songs by motley crue and twisted sister WTF(a few songs by anal cun* and Gwar). Experimental(a few songs by muse) and various other stuff.

Jazz, Jazz fusion. Loud (most modern rock, metal, etc) music just annoys me and gives me headaches. Very boring as well.

"Hardcore" metal and Pop/rap has to be the absolute worst. It either makes you're ears bleed and soul burn or it is just plain stupid (Yo, I make tons of money and got me bitches, Yo. Look at me... I hate rap). The thing I hate the most is "musicians" that don't have a personal relationship with music (ie. They are just entertainers, out to make money).

^I agree with you on the rap, but I love all pop and metal. Pop does not make your ears bleed or your "soul burn." Pop is very catchy and just fun to listen to. Metal though, I can understand if you do not like it. There are so many sub-genres of metal though, it seems like you could tolerate at least ONE type of metal.

Brad "the pop and metal fan" Eichar

^Haha Slipknot isn't nu metal, Korn is but slipknot is like heavy metal, nu metal is like a combo of rap, grunge, and metal.

Slipknot is new metal, if you look on there wikipedia page and everything thay are considered to be nu metal. Also, Corey kind of raps in a few songs, I ,mean its not really rap, but its not really singing. Like in Duality, that is more like rap than singing if you listen to it, but I tend to agree that slipknot is more like heavy metal. There old albums were a lot more like nu metal than all hope is gone because of the strong presence of the base guitar, but because of the more complicated and skillful riffs in all hope is gone Slipknot is noe officially heavy metal.

Holy crap, the devil wears prada thing that is your avatar is reptar, that's awesome.

^Haha don't trust Wikipedia on band genres, if you want to know their genre look at their Myspace page, that's more accurate. But yeah right now with AHIG they are heavy and self-titled is a bit more nu.

Oh and yeah Reptar is awesome.

--Chris