TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

The B&M would have been 3-4 months later than the Mauer, but Universal wanted this coaster as soon as possible. Of course, now knowing that Mauer is months behind in almost every aspect, yea, they could have had a B&M.

Don't believe everything you read some other places. Most of it is way off base.

The Jacksonville jaguar cheerleaders are scheduled to make an appearance and be among the first riders of the coaster next weekend. Only reason I know the jag cheerleaders are making an appearance is due to family ties. I still don't believe it, but its happening.

^Agreed, glad to see them mixing it up.

I believe the suspected opening date is July 3rd. However, with the lift setback, I'm not so sure.

From what I've heard, the people involved in the project are saying that they are AHEAD of schedule.

The changes to the lift were made by Universal after the original pieces arrived onsite for construction. The new pieces were ordered and Universal asked for construction to go ahead and assemble the lift that was originally sent to them.

They assembled the original pieces so they could go ahead and get a lot of testing over with while they waited for this new lift to arrive.

Now what do they have to do?

-Install the new lift

-Complete testing

-Landscape

-Paint

-Add signage and rings

There's still a lot that they have to do...but I still have confidence that the ride will open July 3rd.

^I take back what I said. I thought it was rust, it's just paint. I even took a picture back when I visited to figure that question out and forgot about it until just now. I'm very proud of my tiny camera's zoom!

STH71015.thumb.jpg.9e5036385bd16271cf0fefce81f2c803.jpg

And just to spice things up, my tall friend + my hands bring you this picture from my last visit. Random, but I'm sure it will interest someone.

STH71117.thumb.jpg.25152987526c6621ccef814c9c84d1c3.jpg

Check out that PAINT and Hagrid's Hut.

OMG... I just saw this. How on earth did I not see what was going on this weekend!? (Too involved with PTR's on my own thread? lol) Wow. But I suppose it is good they are changing it now, then to have the ride already open, then say - OH, this doesn't work, let's fix it"! I get there in the afternoon on July 2nd. I think I may take a run over there when I get there just to check it out. If they do have the opening on July 3rd, I am still trying to debate whether or not I should go that day. Too crowded or pics of the (hopeful) opening? My gut is telling me to go for something different, but I am thinking my family may not approve of the insanity though. I guess worst case scenario I run over to IOA, like originally planned? IDK...

Lena "KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED" Messana

I'm so glad this is not a B&M. Hell, this ride's opening date could be pushed back to 2012 (right before the end of the world) and I would still rather have this coaster over any type of B&M. The last thing Florida needs is another B&M, especially if it was going to be a tame and forceless hyper.

At least whenever B&M does build a new coaster in Florida they still seem to make sure that they are quite forceful. I agree as well, I am happy that Universal decided to go with someone else this time.

It may not be rust, but it still looks awful! I really hope they spice it up with a slightly less putrid shade of brown. That was definitely an easy mistake to make. I remembered about the color, and I almost thought that it was rusting too.

I had no idea it was possible to have too many B&Ms.

But seriously, it is nice to see another builder getting their shot at a USO ride. I really think if they can get this ride up and running consistently and fix all their FAILs, it'll be a great ride. It's got a great looking layout with some badass elements (non-inverting loop, I'm looking at you). All I hope is that they can avoid any more major hiccups after the real lift is in place.

There are some new pictures from today on Orlandorocks. The paint job looks really good and there are queue railings up now in the queue...

I can't wait until they put the lift back on and this thing opens!

I like the painting but this coaster cant really compare to manta in themeing. But people are going to comparing this coaster to manta a lot.

A couple of things, this is not a new lift. It is the original lift having an ARB system installed on it. Originally it had dual chains, but that concept was dropped due to technical problems.

Sorry to disappoint the cheerleaders, but they won't be riding next weekend.

And whoever told someone that this was on schedule, well, where can I get some of that stuff?

If they where putting a new system on the original track they wouldn't have to take the whole track down to do that.

even though I love B&M's coasters, it is great that USF decided on another coaster creator...cause we have A LOT of B&Ms in this state!

Yup...All we need is a Hyper and A Stand up and we have all the collection. lol. But you can drive 7-8hours to SFOG to ride them...lol

I am still waiting for a Kick A$$ intamin

WAS ALMOST FINISHED!!! They took down the lift hill after testing in May. Maybe too steep, or problems with the chain. I recall hearing loud noises on it during testing. idk. Soft opening set for June 20 possibly, grand opening 4th of July weekend? maybe not confirmed.

DSCF3119.JPG.4ce0b263d27d811a2bd6ebb6a17f564c.JPG

Paneling added to loading station

DSCF3120.JPG.3149dcc7e27b15fc93c7d58c880c2047.JPG

DSCF3105.JPG.7ccf2a9dfb9edbab2462008f0374d721.JPG

Taken today June 8, 2009