Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: AUWent and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:48 am

Nicely done jarmor. ;)

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:54 am

I figured it'd be rick roll, but clicked it anyways for fun!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Following up on the news that the top of the lift had been removed, I made my way over to Universal once more to grab some photos (and meet up with a good friend). Here is what I've got from today...
IMGP1470.JPG
Not only is the top of the lift missing, but now, the entire lift track itself is gone.
IMGP1471.JPG
Work continues on the station amidst, including the addition of theming to the queue area.
IMGP1472.JPG
The station has received a new mesh fence suspended from the roof, presumably to prevent guests from tossing anything towards the trains and guests while they are on the lift.
IMGP1473.JPG
The top brake run was being inspected today. (Notice the unpainted walkway extending from the staircase--that was added later.)
IMGP1474.JPG
A better look at the previous...
IMGP1475.JPG
And the rest is just an update of the newly stocked merchandise for Rip, Ride, Rockit, already on sale in the Music Plaza gift shop.
IMGP1476.JPG
IMGP1477.JPG
IMGP1478.JPG
IMGP1479.JPG
IMGP1480.JPG
IMGP1481.JPG
IMGP1482.JPG
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby netdvn » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:31 pm

I love that song... :lmao:

Back on topic while searching for some HRRRRRR footage, I found an official non-animation POV of the ride with one of the songs that will be on the ride! It was apparently recorded before the track removal...

MOD EDIT: Link removed, please stay on track and do not post seedy stuff like this. For those that missed it, it was a link with a ton of pop-ups, not a link to a POV.

-Colin
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:34 pm

^Why is that link affiliated with Hack Mail? Thats not a good sign... :?r
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Neil Peart makes me erect

Postby DiSab » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:36 pm

The entire lift?! I thought it was just that top part that was missing the anti-rollbacks. Guess not.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Snicket » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:52 pm

Some new info has been posted to IOACentral.com's boards from Noelno, a construction worker on the project.

So far i don't really see anything going on with the firehouse but im sure some kind of lighting will go in thre even though a mee fog system would be cool. As far as the lift coming down goes, i don't know why Universal decided to change anti-rollback systems like they did but the lift coming down is not really a bad thing. Think of it this way, by going ahead and finishing the track we were able to test the lift, brake stations, not to mention make sure the vehicle even made it around the track. If Universal had waited for the new rollback pieces to put the lift track in then all those tests would still need to be done.
I wish Universal would have went with B&M but apparently when this project began B&M had a 5-year waiting list. Anyway, if Universal would have waited for B&M then we probably would not have a new coaster because the economy went to crap.
Oh, here are a couple more pics.

Image Image Image

Postby netdvn » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:42 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:^Why is that link affiliated with Hack Mail? Thats not a good sign... :?r

Honestly I have no idea. The Hack Mail site seems a bit... seedy now that you mention it.

I'm keeping it there for the Rick Roll (yeah I ruined the surprise), but if anybody has a problem with the link, I'll be glad to remove it.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

I'm wickedly obsessed with Ron Toomer

Postby B-RadG » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:47 am

^^So according to that guy, HRRR was supposed to be made by B&M?
Also they took the lift down to change the anti-rollback system?

I've been rick rolled 3 times in this darn thread :angry: As my friend suggested, I don't scroll over the link to see the actual address. I always fall for them.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby ryno1986 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 am

^

I think the B&M thing sounds legitimate. Keep in mind that Hollywood Dream in USJ is a B&M. In the early planning, HRRR might have been more similar to Hollywood Dream.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!