Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Oh no!

Postby cutebutpsycho96 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:14 pm

Oh geez, is this another HP vs. Twilight thing? Both are so different I don't know why anyone compares them! (this is coming from a HP and Twilight hardcore fan YES IT'S ALLOWED! :P )

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Snicket » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:45 pm

I have a lot of friends who hate Harry Potter, a lot of friends that love Harry Potter, a lot of friends that love Twilight, and a lot of friends that hate Twilight.

I get along with them just fine, though.

Personally, I love the Harry Potter series and hate Twilight. It's just because I believe that Twilight is poorly written and the characters have no depth...the complete opposite of Harry Potter.

Twilight does have a good story behind it, though.

Anyway...

The Harry Potter lovers and haters will just have to get along through this. This addition will be awesome. And maybe some of the haters will turn into fans.

I remember I used to hate the Jurassic Park book and movies until I rode River Adventure.

I don't think any Harry Potter fans will be disappointed, though. I'm certainly not disappointed so far...the facades are some of the most incredible facades for any theme park!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: Oh no!

Postby PCW_Nut » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:02 am

cutebutpsycho96 wrote:Oh geez, is this another HP vs. Twilight thing? Both are so different I don't know why anyone compares them! (this is coming from a HP and Twilight hardcore fan YES IT'S ALLOWED! :P )

Never meant to start a VS....just they are both geared towards a certain age group and demographic...Harry Potter is much more universal though in terms of guys and girls being able to enjoy whereas Twilight is more girl oriented...however this is getting off topic.

Does everything think this will open in the time frame they've kind of hinted at?

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Snicket » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:32 am

I believe the contract states that the island must be open and fully functioning by June or July 2010.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Shellemonster » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:36 am

I believe Andy Samberg said it best at the MTV movie awards, it went something like this... "So I made a bet with a friend backstage ... Twilight ... *!girls screaming!* ... I just won the bet."

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:17 am

Universal has released an official animation video which includes some POV footage for Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit, opening this Summer at Universal Studios Florida.

Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:45 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:22 am

^Um... ok. Guess I had to watch it to get it. I forgot it was on, turned it on midway, and once the preview of New Moon came on, I turned it off. Wolves, very upsetting. :( (Must search for Twilight topic)

Back to HP now, the detail on these buildings are wicked! I am so psyched to see this complete. I thought I was excited for HRRR.... There is so much to look at in this park, and not just ride. I really shouldn't be all to surprised by the detail I guess, considering all the other areas are heavily themed. IMO, this will be a great addition to the THEME PARK, for fans, and non fans. I agree, maybe this will make a non fan become a fan. I think the movies are getting kind of eh myself, and I like the first few movies. I have yet to read the books. The last one, I completely just don't like. I am hoping for a new found liking for the next movie.
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:37 am

It looks like the ride starts out very strong, but seems to lose its speed over the course of the layout... Maybe its because of all the MCBRs placed throughout the ride.

The layout is top notch though. I'm very impressed.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby dragsterfan420 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Great! Thanks for the video. The ride looks pretty sweet I wish would could have a full POV though.
Top Wood: The Beast
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:06 pm

I was able to run over to Universal two days ago to grab a quick look at the latest happenings within the resort. Potter seems to be accelerating in speed with new set pieces sitting at the neighboring Nassal facility downtown. As construction climbs vertically along the side of the Potter Box and the village of Hogsmeade, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is beginning to truly take shape.
IMGP1465.JPG
Not too much seems to have been done with the Flying Unicorn... It currently sits dormant behind a construction wall.
IMGP1466.JPG
Although the rest of the area remains visibly untouched, the addition of Hagrid's Hut can be seen without too much trouble.
IMGP1467.JPG
Hogsmeade grows larger by the week...
IMGP1468.JPG
More steel frames are continually installed as this focal point for shopping and dining takes form.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!