TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Fast Food thread

ebl

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I go into subway today and order my usual subway club, get to the counter to pay only to find out that i'm being charged 6.75 for a footlong. Now they only have three or four footlongs for 5 bucks, what the heck is this? I know subway isn't gourmet food but at 5 bucks it's a decent deal. But 6.75 for a sub is getting up there a bit.

MOD EDIT: Merged into the Fast Food thread, Subway certainly doesn't need it's own thread.

• 2 weeks later...

They used to have almost every sandwich as $5 footlongs then made it a few. Sometime at the beginning of the calendar year they brought back the every footlong for $5 for "limited time only" that lasted a few months now its back down to just a few

Just about any other sub place on earth > Subway

Quizno's blows my a**, I had one of their "footlongs" that was like $6 and it was really thin and barely had any meat in it.

I have exciting fast food news!

After 28 years on the planet, I have discovered that I like Del Taco!

This is a very good thing, as I REALLY like Taco Bell, but KT won't eat anything there. At Del Taco, she will at least eat french fries and let me eat my tacos in peace!

I still much prefer Taco Bell, but at least I have found a new food!

Well, I knew about skinless hot dogs, plain pasta and Mickey D's, but I never knew you liked Taco Bell.

Speaking of which... Taco Bell has had a tradition of not liking me back. All I ever get is beef and cheese on anything there, and I'm reminded of where I ate about four to five hours afterwards like clockwork. Well, I ate there on the way back from Chicago last month (now that I think about it, a month ago today... has it really been that long?) and surprisingly LOVED it and didn't feel any after-effects. Caught me off-guard, though, when I ordered a Steak Quesadilla combo and got an entire other taco instead of fries. What a time to be alive.

^^ The more you eat at Del Taco, the more you'll discover that it really is better than Taco Bell. And Del Taco serves Coke products.

We have a Taco Bell about a half mile from home---an easy eight-minute walk for me. I still get in the car and go across town to the Del.

Eric

Speaking of which... Taco Bell has had a tradition of not liking me back. All I ever get is beef and cheese on anything there, and I'm reminded of where I ate about four to five hours afterwards like clockwork.

Its more like 10 minutes for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I realize Arby's gets NO love, but I absolutely crave their roast beef sandwiches. The more Horsey Sauce, the better.

After that, I love In-n-Out (one of the best reasons to move to LA!), White Castle, Carl's Jr, Chik-Fil-A, and good old McDonalds.

Come to think of it, I just like fast food! All of my friends are California hippie types who are appalled that I'll go to McDonalds, but dang, you can't beat a Big Mac and one of those new diabetes-inducing iced coffees.