TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

They have also already played the commercial during the pre-show which is going on now. I'm sure there are less viewers than during the peak airing during the superbowl tonight, so you have a better chance watching for the commercial now I would imagine.

A few other important details - only one free ticket per household and when you enter you are also entered into the drawing for a free UO vacation that they will be giving 1 per day away of during February.

You can only enter once and if you do multiple entries it will disqualify you. Also it's one per household, your entry puts you in a drawing to win once a day in February for a trip for 4 to Universal Studios.. Round trip airfare and the 7 day park pass..

Cool!

Since I am at work and on my Blackberry, can someone post here the NEXT time the commercial plays so I can enter my "brother" who lives at a different address!

I also entered myself as soon as I saw the thread again figuring a lot less people will enter early!

Thanks for the original post and whoever tips me off right after the next commercial plays.

Peace, Big Mike

Since I am at work and on my Blackberry, can someone post here the NEXT time the commercial plays so I can enter my "brother" who lives at a different address!

No, because we're all competing with you!

/Well, okay...cheater.

Here's the completed stage area. I think the only thing not completed there are those projection screens. I think those are temporary, hopefully they'll be traded out for LED Screens.

These pics were taken by NickC from IOACentral/HHNVault.

Well I entered 3 times, all on my Blackberry, with 3 different people in 3 different addresses!

Using the Blackberry, it just brought me right back to the entry form again, so who knows if it worked or not!

If anyone wins, please post here when you find out!

Peace, Big Mike

Well I entered 3 times, all on my Blackberry, with 3 different people in 3 different addresses!

Using the Blackberry, it just brought me right back to the entry form again, so who knows if it worked or not!

If anyone wins, please post here when you find out!

***** I had the same prbloemwith my blackberry but once I added the birthday it went thru sucessfully and led me to the "refer your friends" page!

Peace, Big Mike

NEWS: Universal cutting hours at some attractions

http://www.wesh.com/money/18642454/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Universal Orlando is closing its Fear Factor attraction until the spring and cutting hours on a limited number of other attractions at its theme parks.

A Universal representative said Fear Factor will close on Thursday and open again in the spring. All other attractions will remain open but the hours will be reduced at some others, he said.

It will be a limited number of attractions within Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. He said visitors shouldn't experience problems, because the attraction hours will be aligned with demand.

Staffing will also be impacted by reductions, the Universal representative said.

All team members will remain active, so there will be no layoffs. However, team members' hours will be affected.

Team members will also retain their health benefits.

All team members under contract will be paid their full contract rate for 30 days. After 30 days, they will have a chance to pick up additional hours.

It was unknown how many employees will be affected by the hour reductions.

The move is in reaction the poor economic forecast for 2009, he said.

The decision comes just days after Universal ran a promotion during the Super Bowl offering free passes to people. And it comes a day after Disney announced its profits were down 32 percent during the last quarter of 2009.

Certainly not the best of news, but the chance of a reopening later this year is somewhat promising. While Fear Factor isn't my favorite show (T2:3D is, in my opinion, the best the park offers), it is a shame that some guests won't get to experience it for the next few months...

Edited by Moose

What we need is Elissa Bingo - LIVE!

How popular is the Fear Factor show? I'm guessing as it has been off TV for awhile that the popularity has dropped off, but I could be totally wrong. I saw it once, and it was OK, though I am far from the best judge of theme park shows.

dt

There are just too many problems with the Fear Factor Show:

- Cost. Having to pay all the voice talent, stunt spotters, and giving stuff out. Expensive

- Process. You have to have enough people to choose from to make a decent show. For example, there were only 8 people trying out for Tyler & Robby's show the WEEKEND day they were there last week, so they both got in! I've seen shows where they only do it with 4 or 5 people cause they couldn't get enough participation!!?!?

- Past the prime. It's one thing to introduce a Simpsons ride 20 years after the show started. There are still new episodes and the show will be in syndication FOREVER. But opening up a show based on a show that was maybe popular for 2 or 3 years and now has been off the air and syndication for so long...not the best idea.

That being said, I like the Orlando version MUCH better than the Hollywood version. Not just because I got to kick butt in it, but it just seems like a better show and a better venue. I totally understand cutting it back though, but in my opinion this cut back is just the final nail in its coffin.

^Having seen both, I'll agree that the Orlando version is far superior to the one they had in Hollywood.

It does indeed seem like the show has run its course and should be retired. I wouldn't be surprised to see that it doesn't open up again, except I guess they might not have anything planned to replace it with yet.

dt

I've seen and participated in FFL and it's just so damn boring. I was really hoping that they'd bring in the Creature from the Black Lagoon musical that USH is getting. Either that or maybe another stunt show, maybe something to do with the Bourne trilogy.

I miss the old Wild Wild Wild West Stunt show. I have vivid childhood memories of it.