TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

Well, I guess you can't win EVERY game of the season. So be it. I'm sure this will be one of the Pacers' highlights of the season, so let them have it.

On a side note, if Trevor Ariza can stay healthy this season and be as consistant as he was tonight, I think he's a shoe-in for 6th man award. He is also going to be a strong X-factor in alot of games.

Hopefully the Clippers win tonight.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a side note, if Trevor Ariza can stay healthy this season and be as consistant as he was tonight, I think he's a shoe-in for 6th man award. He is also going to be a strong X-factor in alot of games.

Given the fact that Lamar Odom is currently about the most high profile "sixth man" in the league, I would imagine Ariza will get overlooked no matter how nice of a season he has.

Games like this scare me; bringing back bad habits from last season that killed them in the end.

Well Let's just hope we don't see another collapse in Philly tomight.

EDIT: Great win tonight. Another sloppy 4th qtr by LA, but they got the stops they needed to get the W. I just want to see the Lakers win enough games btween Dec-Feb so that Mar-Apr games can be played without a chip on their shoulders.

After watching the CLE-IND game tonight, I don't see why New Yorkers have their heart set On Lebron right now, or in two years or whenever. If LJ cares about winning, I see him staying right where he is. He runs the show where he is and seems to have a decent cast around him. I don't think the same could be said for New York, especially if they're holding off getting talent to lure him there. Kinda tough to convince a one man show that he can win.

^ NY has cleared enough cap space for Lebron and someone else like Chris Bosh or even Dwayne Wade. The rumor mongers think that LBJ, Bosh, and Dwade made some sort of pact after the Olympics to find a way to play together.

I am going to admit that I was a fairweather fan of the Sonics, mainly because I am not huge on the NBA, but that is just because I prefer baseball, hockey and football. When they started the whole thing about moving them to OKC, I didn't care for the idea. Growing up in the Seattle area, the Sonics were a constant for Seattle, with the likes of Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Hersey Hawkins, and Detlef Shrempf in my youth in Seattle. The Sonics had been a part of Seattle for longer than either the Mariners or Seahawks, and the only one to have won a title, and until the Seahawks lossed Super Bowl XL, the only of the three to play for their leauge's title.

I remember how awesome the atmosphere was around the Pacific Northwest was when the Sonics made it to the Finals in 1996, as it was an exciting a time, second only to the Mariners 1995 playoff run. My dad and I went to the Key Arena to watch Game 2 of the Finals on the big screen, and it was fun as they did things as if the game was being played there, such as the chants and cheers, and the between quarter entertainment.

Now that they have moved the team to OKC, It just caps off a s*itty year for the Pacific Northwest in sports (The Mariners loosing 101 games, the Seahawks are 2-11, and the Huskies finished the first winless season in the Pac-10 and in school history). I hope that the Thunder makes a good run for the record for worst record in the leauge as it would show, like Wes suggested before, that Karma exists.

So as some t-shirts around Seattle have said:

BUCK FENNETT!

Well, D-Rose may be a great player, but he is a bad liar. How do sit down and a knife ends up cutting your arm?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Derrick-Rose-cuts-apple-arm?urn=nba,127593

According to the Chicago Tribune's Full-Court Press blog, Bulls rookie Derrick Rose missed Monday's practice after he needed 10 stitches to close a gash suffered at home while — you're not going to believe this one — slicing an apple in bed. Amazing.

"It was a silly incident," Rose said. "I was cutting up some food and I laid on a knife getting lazy in bed. I went to go get a bottle of water, came back, forgot the knife was there, then sat down and sliced my arm."

Rose is expected to play Tuesday night against the Knicks at the United Center, which is good news, but it begs the question: why is Rose cutting Red Delicious apples with a machete? That seems excessive.

The question is, what was he really doing? This kind of smells like Monta Ellis excuse when he got injured in the offseason.

• 2 weeks later...

It's crazy how Atlanta is just one of those teams that match up well with us. As Rondo said, if they played the rest of the NBA the way they play us, it'd be scary. I really wanted to be there last night, but mid-week games in the ATL make the commute rough.

At least I'll get to see 'em in March though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats to somebody other than Kobe being the dominant scorer of the night, but the Lake show needs to work on consistancy. The "powerhouse" Lakers should have won by a much larger margin. The Clippers are short-handed and playing 'no experience' guys. LAC should have had no chance, no leads, and no ties. Luke Walton scoring in the first five seconds...that should have happened all night. It did in a way, but LAL needs to find a stable attack on D and stick to it.

Wow. Look at the East this year. I definitely don't think that the West is the dominent conference at all this year. It is great to finally have a little bit of competition in basketball, and not just one really good East team, and 7 very good West teams.

I love watching the Blazers and the Hawks develop into good teams. I really think the Blazers will be a force in years to come.

Is Dwight Howard not a beast?

Who is going to stop this year from being another Celtics-Lakers showdown? I really don't see anyone in the way........ other than LeBron.

^ I agree with you on two points. No team in the west except L.A. has a shot at the Larry O'Brien trophy. As far as the east goes, The Finals are definately going to have a stop in Clevland, but I wouldn't rule out Orlando. Jameer Nelson is playing phenominal basketball, and Dwight Howard is beastly. I don't see them making it to the promised land, but I look for them to be a huge upset to either the Celts or Cavs.