TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

www.universalorlando.com/gradbash/index.html

Just noticed some minor Rockit concept art of the lifthill and non-inverted loop (right behind Krustyland) on the Grad Bash main page too. So maybe it'll be open a bit before the May 8th Gradventure.

You can see it a whooole lot better in this wallpaper.

www.universalorlando.com/gradbash/images/wallpaper/wallpaper5_1024x768.jpg

Well, this is what's up:

I went to IOA this past week, and saw the show. On Saturday the vortex was there. Then I went again on Tuesday, and it wasn't on. So after the show, I asked "Taylor" if it was gone. He said it indeed was, and pretty much begged me to go to guest relations to say something about it. So I go to guest relations and tell them I don't like it and guess what the reason was...

"It's part of the Green Initiative from NBC."

So, the vortex is gone. However, I asked the guy at guest relations if enough people complained about it, would they bring it back. He said that was a good possibility. So all is not lost, yet.

Hey Robb, can we start a petition?

Well we all know that the removal of this effect is not confirmed. For all we know they could be upgrading the ride itself, or heck even removing it! I know it sounds a bit exstream to be thinking about removal, but I'm trying to figure out if this would have anything to do with the rumored harry potter stuff. Its located right next to wear the ride is! I'm also assuming thats why the Lost Continent is starting to change. This is just my guess, but it's also seems reasonable aswell.

-Matthew.K

^As of right now, Poseidon's Fury and Mythos will be the only two pieces to remain within the extremely reduced version of the Lost Continent. Poseidon's Fury will be the land's only anchor, so I doubt that its removal will happen anytime soon.

Thats not to say that I don't forsee the rest of the Lost Continent being overtaken within the next five years... I just don't see it happening until the existing announced (and not-yet-announced) phases are complete.

I have a feeling that powering that thing on and off probably costs mad money long term, and with how the economy is, they were told to find ways to reduce operating costs. Obvs things like Hulk's launch are more expensive, but are necessary for the operation of the attraction. Water vortex is awesome but the show can run without it.

Also when people stop going on it because they got rid of the best part, they can justify closing it down. I mean, let's face it, the attraction was p mediocre beyond the vortex. That's a giant ass show building, they can build something way cooler with all that space.