TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Biased I know, but the Lakers are playing soooooo well. Even when they play like crap, they still manage to win.

The Cleveland LeBrons are pretty impressive too, considering their line-up.

The Thunder are shit, and I hope they never win another game this season, because then that proves the existence of karma.

I used to be such a die hard Bulls fan. Even after Jordan left. After last year, I just lost interest. So much talent, and it just can't seem to gel.

I've watched a couple of games, and I think Paxon finally drafted a guy that's really going to be something special. Derrick Rose has been pretty impressive. Now if Paxson hadn't dealt LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas, we'd at least have someone in the front court.

^ I definitely agree with Derrick Rose being the real deal. I wasn't sure if he was ready to run an NBA team just one year removed from high school, but he is truly special.

I used to be a huge Sixers fan, then they traded Barkley and I was done with them. The NBA was so bad in the late 90's early 2000's that I completely lost interest in it. I am starting to get back into it now though as it has greatly improved. I am trying to pick it back up with the Sixers since they got Brand, (Im a huge Duke fan), but they just lack something with that team.

Biased I know, but the Lakers are playing soooooo well. Even when they play like crap, they still manage to win.

It's a LOOOOOONG season, but yeah, I'm pretty interested in seeing our boys match up in the regular season. It'll be a pretty good indicator of where we stand +Bynum, and - Posey.

Besides that, there's so many factors that could decide a season....injuries, mid-season trades, etc., so I'm not thinking too far ahead, but I like how things have started out thus far. It seems like the fire's still there to go back-to-back.

Oh, and I say don't sleep on the Hawks. They're rapidly improving, and continuing to be that sleeper team to be scared of come playoff time. And we should know about that.

Elton Brand is a damn good player, but he has that god awful Clippers curse, So I look for him to be streaky at best for Philly. The Hawks don't have too much competition in their division, (the Heat are still playing like crap) I hope L.A. can say healthy. Season after season we seem to have two to three players out for some type of injury mid to late season.

I really wonder who made the decision to move the Hornets to OK City to become the Thunder.

Most. Stupid. Move. EVER.

Seriously, along with Wes, I hope they never won or they win just a couple more games. That was a dumb decision, the team had a way better fan base in New Orleans. Not OK City.

Pistons are off to a swell enough start, just hope they can maintain the momentum and carry us to another playoff berth this year. AND ACTUALLY pass the EASTERN FINALSSSSS. ARGH

^ Although I've been a huge fan of Iverson since his Georgetown days, and I still believe that one playoff run with the Sixers (the year they met the Lakers in the finals) was the greatest individual performance in playoff history, I'm predicting he'll continue to be a championship "kryptonite."

I see him as a Hall of Famer right alongside Barkley....ringless.

I really wonder who made the decision to move the Hornets to OK City to become the Thunder.

Most. Stupid. Move. EVER.

Seriously, along with Wes, I hope they never won or they win just a couple more games. That was a dumb decision, the team had a way better fan base in New Orleans. Not OK City.

It was the Seattle Sonics who were moved to OKC and became the Thunder. The Hornets are still in NO.

The Hornets moved from Charlotte to New Orleans years ago, you maybe confused because they played in Oklahoma City for awhile because of Hurricane Katrina, but now theyre back in New Orleans and the Thunder moved from Seattle to play in Oklahoma City this year.

Ironically Charlotte got its own team not long later with the Bobcats. Kindve stupid how that happens, they always say the city doesnt support the team so the owner moves it then they get another team. The Colts moved to Indianapolis, then Baltimore got the Ravens. The Oilers moved to Tennessee (and renamed a year later to the Titans), then Houston got the Texans. The Browns moved to Baltimore, then Cleveland got....the Browns.

The Thunder will be a blunder this year. The have a crappy head coach in P. J. Carlesimo, A crappy franchise player in Kevin Durant, The uniforms look like crap, and who the hell even cares about Oklahoma City?

HAD a crappy head coach. They already took care of that. Durant isn't crappy either, he's just too raw right now to carry a team of scrubs on his back. Durant will get double teamed everytime he touches the ball when there is no one else on the floor to worry about. He is also extreemely clutch for a young age. He seems to hit the big shot when needed, even though that is rare for this team. I think Durant will be fine.

If he's not careful he could be the KG of his generation.

On a crappy team for a few years, and then gets traded to an elite team and goes on to win his first championship the first year out?

I bet you Durant is praying for that.

^Interestingly enough...I sat in the courtside seats right behind the Hornets bench the other night when they played the Clippers, and I have to say that I totally agree with Bill Simmons. CP3 always came back to the bench complaining about something. Listening to the conversations going on, it sure sounded like the team wasn't very interested in the game either.

Yeah the Simmons article really had me wondering about Byron Scott now. The Nets did revolt on him even after he led them deep in the playoffs.

Is anyone else tired of the LeBron saga with him becoming a FA in 2 freaking years? Who cares right now what he might do in 2 years. Who knows, maybe the Cavs pull out a title the next 2 years and this whole conversation becomes moot. The Kncks fans would be irate if they have to sit through 2 horrible seasons hoping to land him and he stays.

Call me a pessimist if you want, but I don't think the Lake Show will go 73-9 this year. Be flippin' sweet if they did though...

I agree that What Lebron does in two seasons from now should be worried about in two seasons. LJ gets to run the show where he is now and isn't disapointing anyone. It would not come to me as a shock if he stays right where he is.