The 2015-16 NBA Season

SPOILER ALERT: The Spurs/Cavs will be in the finals....
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

The 2015-16 NBA Season

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:40 am

Yay Lakers; two-time, 16x champs...
Last edited by Bolliger&Mabillard on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:56 pm.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

Postby Wes » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:04 am

Biased I know, but the Lakers are playing soooooo well. Even when they play like crap, they still manage to win.

The Cleveland LeBrons are pretty impressive too, considering their line-up.

The Thunder are shit, and I hope they never win another game this season, because then that proves the existence of karma.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:11 am

I used to be such a die hard Bulls fan. Even after Jordan left. After last year, I just lost interest. So much talent, and it just can't seem to gel.

I've watched a couple of games, and I think Paxon finally drafted a guy that's really going to be something special. Derrick Rose has been pretty impressive. Now if Paxson hadn't dealt LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas, we'd at least have someone in the front court.

TPR makes work go faster

Postby bigstevet07 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 am

^ I definitely agree with Derrick Rose being the real deal. I wasn't sure if he was ready to run an NBA team just one year removed from high school, but he is truly special.

I used to be a huge Sixers fan, then they traded Barkley and I was done with them. The NBA was so bad in the late 90's early 2000's that I completely lost interest in it. I am starting to get back into it now though as it has greatly improved. I am trying to pick it back up with the Sixers since they got Brand, (Im a huge Duke fan), but they just lack something with that team.
I hate Godzilla! I hate him too! He destroyed cities!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:14 pm

Wes wrote:Biased I know, but the Lakers are playing soooooo well. Even when they play like crap, they still manage to win.

It's a LOOOOOONG season, but yeah, I'm pretty interested in seeing our boys match up in the regular season. It'll be a pretty good indicator of where we stand +Bynum, and - Posey.

Besides that, there's so many factors that could decide a season....injuries, mid-season trades, etc., so I'm not thinking too far ahead, but I like how things have started out thus far. It seems like the fire's still there to go back-to-back.

Oh, and I say don't sleep on the Hawks. They're rapidly improving, and continuing to be that sleeper team to be scared of come playoff time. And we should know about that.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:26 pm

Elton Brand is a damn good player, but he has that god awful Clippers curse, So I look for him to be streaky at best for Philly. The Hawks don't have too much competition in their division, (the Heat are still playing like crap) I hope L.A. can say healthy. Season after season we seem to have two to three players out for some type of injury mid to late season.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:52 pm

I really wonder who made the decision to move the Hornets to OK City to become the Thunder.

Most. Stupid. Move. EVER.

Seriously, along with Wes, I hope they never won or they win just a couple more games. That was a dumb decision, the team had a way better fan base in New Orleans. Not OK City.

Pistons are off to a swell enough start, just hope they can maintain the momentum and carry us to another playoff berth this year. AND ACTUALLY pass the EASTERN FINALSSSSS. ARGH :x

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:30 pm

^ Although I've been a huge fan of Iverson since his Georgetown days, and I still believe that one playoff run with the Sixers (the year they met the Lakers in the finals) was the greatest individual performance in playoff history, I'm predicting he'll continue to be a championship "kryptonite."

I see him as a Hall of Famer right alongside Barkley....ringless.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby Wes » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:37 pm

Chris Benvenuto wrote:I really wonder who made the decision to move the Hornets to OK City to become the Thunder.

Most. Stupid. Move. EVER.

Seriously, along with Wes, I hope they never won or they win just a couple more games. That was a dumb decision, the team had a way better fan base in New Orleans. Not OK City.

It was the Seattle Sonics who were moved to OKC and became the Thunder. The Hornets are still in NO.

Papas

Postby Papas » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:16 pm

The Hornets moved from Charlotte to New Orleans years ago, you maybe confused because they played in Oklahoma City for awhile because of Hurricane Katrina, but now theyre back in New Orleans and the Thunder moved from Seattle to play in Oklahoma City this year.

Ironically Charlotte got its own team not long later with the Bobcats. Kindve stupid how that happens, they always say the city doesnt support the team so the owner moves it then they get another team. The Colts moved to Indianapolis, then Baltimore got the Ravens. The Oilers moved to Tennessee (and renamed a year later to the Titans), then Houston got the Texans. The Browns moved to Baltimore, then Cleveland got....the Browns.

Next

Return to Random, Random, Random