TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Hansa Park, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

November 8th, 2008- Hansa's new coaster, Fluch von Novgorod, with A launch and lift !(See Below)

November 11th, 2008 -Fluch von Novgorod details!

April 4th, 2009 - New coaster trailer with ride animation!

April 11th, 2009 - Onride video, with the lights on!

February 4th, 2010 - Video of continuing work on Fluch von Novgorod!

February 25th, 2010 - List of the additions for 2010!

Mar 7th, 2010 - Pictures of the park entrance retheming

October 17th, 2012 - Hansa Park to build major new coaster in 2014

November 19th, 2015 - Hyper coaster announced for 2015

July 1st, 2015 - Karnan opens

December 1st, 2015 - new rides announced for 2016 - Wave Swinger and kiddie coaster

September 24rd, 2016 - Karnapulten, a Gerstlauer Sky Fly announced for 2017

Technical Park's Barcos del mar (Apollo Swing) announced for 2018

August 17th, 2018 - World's 2nd tallest drop tower anounced for 2019

Did a quick search on here and surprised there's not a thread for this new ride. A launch and Lift on a single ride is a nice twist (Maverick and Atlantis Adventure being the only others that come to mind)

Apparently the lift hill will be completely enclosed as well as some other parts of the ride. This seems to be a bit of a trend this year with Saw, the new EP launched ride and this coaster all having dark ride sections.

© Hansa Park

Project homepage: http://www.kataplektor.de/

Construction Pictures: http://www.kataplektor.de/bau-blog/fotogalerie/

RCDB: http://www.rcdb.com/ig4075.htm

Edited by larrygator

I don't understand the site. What's going on with the door and the candle? What's the theme of the ride?

The name means: "Curse of Nowgorod": Nowgorod its an russian town, which were trading with the Hanse Family since 1160 a.d.!

The Story of the ride isn`t known yet.

But i can try to translate the facts of the homepage:

* The Ride is a combination of a Darkride/Indoor-Coaster, a theme based Darkride-Part, a modern Launch Coaster, an Outdoor-Coaster, a Coaster with a vertical Lifthill and with 97 degree drop in the dark!.

* First Time in Germany were a coaster tells a Story!

* Launch in the dark with an acceleration of 100 km/h in 1,4 sec.

* vertical Lifthill in the Dark

* 97 ° Drop in the Dark but with an stop at the Highest Part

* Single Trains with a weight of 2,8 tons. this will make the fast Launch possible!!

* 8 people per train

* Capacity 900 people per hour

* One overturning/looping element

* Manufactured by: Firma Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH, Münsterhausen in Germany, after an Idea from HANSA-PARK

* technical Specials: First TIme in the World were they build coaster trains which could be lifted by a vertical chainlift and a modern Launch System. With this they had new possibilitys to generate a new dimension of dramaturgy in a coaster ride! With this they will realize new combinations of coaster- and darkride-elements in a storytelling like never before!!

and they often said on the HP: it will be a ride which entertain in 5 dimensions! what ever they mean with this...

for me it sounds like "Mystery Mine" with a Launch!

but what i find really impressive is the number of Eurofighters which where build at the moment... this must be a big massproduction!!!!

Here an artwork:

Assuming these numbers are accurate, the average acceleration on this launch is going to be very nice:

65.05 feet/sec^2 (2.02g)

For comparison purposes:

Xcelerator: 52.29 feet/sec^2 (1.62g)

TTD: 44.00 feet/sec^2 (1.37g)

Kingda Ka: 53.64 feet/sec^2 (1.67g)

HyperSonic XLC: 65.19 feet/sec^2 (2.03g)

Dodonpa: 87.10 feet/sec^2 (2.71g)

All you engineering/physics nerds out there please feel free to tear me apart if I've done this wrong. But I think this is going to be one hell of a launch for a little Eurofighter coaster.

Update: fixed my borked numbers.

• 3 weeks later...
Assuming these numbers are accurate, the average acceleration on this launch is going to be very nice:

44.38 miles/sec^2

For comparison purposes:

Xcelerator: 35.65 miles/sec^2

TTD: 30 miles/second^2

Kingda Ka: 36.57 miles/sec^2

HyperSonic XLC: 44.44 miles/sec^2

Dodonpa: 59.39 miles/sec^2

All you engineering/physics nerds out there please feel free to tear me apart if I've done this wrong. But I think this is going to be one hell of a launch for a little Eurofighter coaster.

If thats the case, all I can say is WOW! A launch that intense on that small a coaster would be pretty extreme, and should give plenty of speed for the remainder of the ride.

As for the ride itself, so far so good. I'd like to see a layout/blueprint shot, but I'm sure that hasn't been released yet (or HAS it?) Either way, with Mystery and Maverick being my current favorite steels, and my recently developed love for new age coaster like Gerstelurs and El Locos, I'm definately gonna have to make a Europe trip sometime in my near future.

(BTW, Sorry I havn't porsted in ages. My internet kind of screwed up)

Anyway, This looks really interesting. This is the reason I like eurofighters, because of the cheapness of them so small parks like these can get a good amount of customers still attracted to the park because they have an exiting ride like the eurofighter. It is easily marketable, and very cheap!

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

• 2 weeks later...

44.38 miles/sec^2

For comparison purposes:

Xcelerator: 35.65 miles/sec^2

TTD: 30 miles/second^2

Kingda Ka: 36.57 miles/sec^2

HyperSonic XLC: 44.44 miles/sec^2

Dodonpa: 59.39 miles/sec^2

Are you sure you have your units right? Did you mean meters/second... (The speed of sound is only 0.2miles/second, I believe.)

Still though, this thing will be pretty fast!

Joe, I agree, your units seem to be off. But they are off consitantly.

By my calculations, this has the just about the same acceleration as Hypersonic XLC at about 65ft/s^2 which is just a bit more than 2G (1G=32ft/s^2).

Yeah, I must have been half awake when I did that. I forgot to take it down to the distance/sec level. Fixed it.

It's still very impressive for a little guy like that.

And that's precisely 2.02G, if you take that Earth's gravity is 9.8 m/s^2

Unless you're taking the MCAT where they let you be lazy and approximate g = 10 m/s^2. I loved that. Of course, that was because you had to do all the problems in your head on that test.

• 5 weeks later...