TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phobias and Fear

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heights; I can't climb a ladder without coming close to a panic attack, seriously, I will have tears in my eyes.

Snakes; although I've never been face to face with one in an uncontrolled environment, so I'm not really sure how I'd react. I don't want to find out, either.

Germs! Since I've had kids I have turned totally germophobic (what's the real word? anyone know?). I keep hand sanitizer everywhere! The first thing I do when I get in my car after shopping, pumping gas, etc. is sanitize my hands. You don't know who has been touching gas pumps and grocery buggies. Yuck!

Also a mild fear of throwing up. The last time I did was when I was in labor two years ago. It wasn't pleasant laying in the bed having contractions and throwing up at the same time. Sorry for the visual.

I don't really have a problem with spiders as long as they're small enough to step on. I've never faced one bigger than that. One thing I really hate though, is bugs that crunch under your foot when you step on them. It makes me shudder to think of it!

I'm scared to death of spiders and stinging insects (bees, wasps, hornets, etc). Lol.

I'm scared of heights too, (especially when its really easy to fall and become injured). That being said i hate high ladders!! I also get freaked out sometimes with hiking close to cliff ledges.

I cant stand throwing up as well. It's a big fear of mine as well. . I hate it!! If i feel like i'm going to puke i get really uncomfortable and nervous.

Hehe and when i was younger aliens used to freak me out!! I couldn't watch the x-files or i'd have nightmares. I've gotten alot better about that since then.

"...if i fell off a ledge into the Grand Canyon for example, yeah that'd be kinda scary!!" (coastercrazyjames)

If that happened, you wouldn't fear for long. The sudden stop at the end would take care of that!

Eric

"...if i fell off a ledge into the Grand Canyon for example, yeah that'd be kinda scary!!" (coastercrazyjames)

If that happened, you wouldn't fear for long. The sudden stop at the end would take care of that!

Eric

Very good point!! I should've thought before i said that. Thankfully i just edited my post.

Clicking on anything on the internet....I just crapped myself by opening up this thread. (that was a joke).

On top of heights, one thing that is scaring the crap out of me right now is the fear of me falling on a motorcycle once I get one. I know I will probably drop a bike atleast once, but I know this will go away once I start riding more. I rode my friends vulcan 900 over the weekend in a parking lot at about 10mph and it was fun.

One thing I cant stand is getting shots. Having blood drawn is no problem, but shots just freak me out. Probably why I try not to even go into hospitals, nursing homes, or anything like that unless forced too.

I used to be afraid of puking. Then multiple drunken nights took care of that fear.

I'm not afraid of a lot of things anymore. I used to be afraid of a lot of things (coaster, needles, fire, to name a few). Then I was around them and realized they all weren't that bad. I'm now a coaster/thrill junkie, I barely feel it when I get shots (I partially thank allergy shots every other week for the last 6 or 7 years for that one), and I'm now starting to become a pyro.

I have a few so I'm just going to list them:

Bugs - Just thinking about them now makes my skin crawl. Strange thing is its just bugs, spiders don't bother me really.

Falling - Not roller coasters (I guess cause of the harness) but tall buildings and cliffs scare me.

Puking - Not so much myself puking but other people puking around me.

I recently discover that if you really can't stand a certain food or item even if it's more as a disgust factor - it is still considered as a ppppphobia.

My most phobias are with bad smells : Ever since I remember myslef I can't stand the smell of matches and I would be happy not even see a box of matches near me. If somone light a match near me I am going away, it is even hard for me to write about it.

Food is nopt easy too - I can't stand Leek or broad bean - It started because of its smell when it's been coocked and now I can't stand it near me.

I once was in a market and it was a lovely day till we passed near a food stall with the horrible smell of broad bean cooked. I nearly puked and was in kind of a panic. Oh just thinking about it right now makes me uncomfortable. Bahhhhhhhhh

I know its rediculous, but when I am operating any of our rides at Carowinds, I cant stand the microphone. I just hate the idea of everyone hearing my voice, especially if I mess up, And thinking about it usually makes me screw up, or studder.

Same goes for Cameras and video cameras. I blame it on my shy personality.

I absolutely hate beeing anywhere high and non restrained...

Hell, even with restraints I don't feel really comfortable on some rides, like turbo booster... The thing is, I hate when I'm pulled out of the seat, not like airtime, but, when the seat is tilted 90 degrees forward, and you hang by your restraint... I've mostly come over this fear, but I still probably wouldn't ride Deja Vu...

Otherwise, I'm also a little claustrophobic... For instance, in the Emperor Tomb (Kaisergruft) In Vienna, I almost passed out....

And sometimes I totally panick in complete darkness, especially if there's weird noises...

It even gets so far, that if I'm home alone, I won't be able to fall asleep for several hours, becouse I'll be thinking about stuff that could happen, even tho it makes absolutely no sense...

Oh, and I fear things I cannot explain. A couple of years ago, I read a book called Encyclopedia of Secrets, and there was a lot of mysterious stuff in it, and after that I couldn't sleep for 5 days/nights...

first of all, flies! working as a chef, i can´t stand flies! whenever a fly is sitting on some food or fruits or anything, everybody in the kitchen knows to throw that stuff in the dustbin! you never know, where this fly was hanging round first (like on a dog-pooh or something comparable) before it sits on your food!

then, i can´t stand latex-gloves. even thinking of wearing them makes me shiver. it´s such a bad feeling when you have to wear them and the skin at your hands begins to get wet.... baaah!!!!!!

and then, i think the worst thing for me is when, for example in the line at the supermarket somebody stands very close behind me! i´m a man who needs some privacy (about 2-3 feet) around me!

oh, and not to forget: sweat! do you know that: saturday morning, you go to the bakery to get the family breakfast and in front of you, there is someone who:

-hasn´t taken a shower!

-thinks, that it´s not necessary to brush the teeth in the morning!

-smells like cigarettes and the cheap club he was last night!

-has greasy, stinky hair!

that´sa the worst way for me to start the day!