Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Not Support The Hobosexual Agenda

Postby Hurricane » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:53 am

Well, they stoled our ONLY boomerang, that I never got to ride, so I guess i'll never get that credit :cry:

BTW, when i say "stoled" i mean brought, as Wonderland Sydney was the sister park of Sunway Lagoon in Malaysia

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Alabama Adventure sold to AFE Parks

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Alabama Adventure has been sold to Oklahoma based Adrenaline Family Entertainment (owners of Clementon Park). Here is the press release:

BESSEMER, Ala., May 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Adrenaline Family Entertainment, Inc. announced today the acquisition of Alabama Adventure in Bessemer, Alabama. Adrenaline Family Entertainment is a theme park operating company made up of former seasoned senior Six Flags Inc. executives and majority owned by Angelo, Gordon & Co., an alternative investment management firm with more than $18 billion of assets under management. The acquisition is expected to be completed on May 15, 2008.

Adrenaline Family Entertainment's CEO, Hue Eichelberger, was previously an Executive Vice President at Six Flags responsible for overseeing that company's operations in the eastern half of North America. Eichelberger commented, "The acquisition of Alabama Adventure was based on the quality of the Park, the impressive turnaround under the seller's ownership, the strength of the greater Birmingham market and the potential for significant growth." Alabama Adventure is the second Park purchased by Adrenaline in the past year and fits its business model of acquiring and operating high quality entertainment venues in strong regional markets.

The seller, Southland Entertainment, LLC, acquired the park in 2003 and has since invested substantial capital, including new rides and attractions. Southland will now turn its attention and resources to the development of the adjacent 157 acre parcel for which preliminary development plans include a hotel/indoor waterpark project, a possible RV park project and other commercial and retail development. Southland President, Kent Lemasters, stated, "Our decision to sell the Park was based not only on our desire to develop the real estate around the park, but it was also important for us to sell to someone who has the resources and experience to expand the park."

Adrenaline Family Entertainment's resources, operating experience and capital investment plan are expected to contribute to an improved park experience. Eichelberger, the Company's CEO, said, "We are committed to delivering top quality family entertainment to our visitors and are excited to show the people of the great state of Alabama what we can do."

Alabama Adventure is currently open weekends and will begin fulltime operation May 22nd.

Adrenaline Family Entertainment, Inc.
CONTACT: Brian McDuff, +1-205-481-4750 ext. 230, for Adrenaline Family
Entertainment, Inc.

Published May. 15, 2008
Copyright © 2008 SYS-CON Media. All Rights Reserved.

http://new.yachtchartersmagazine.com/read/568727.htm

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Fri May 16, 2008 6:35 pm

This might actually be a good thing for the park. Maybe the new owners can put some $$$ into the palce and make some good improvements to the park.
Johnny Roller Coaster Website with Roller coaster related: events, trip reports and construction photos. http://www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
Manta Construction http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:56 pm

I think this is a good thing. It seemed the former "new" owners were running out of gas. I hope for the best for AA!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sat May 17, 2008 2:15 pm

I hope they do improve the park because making a trip there just for Rampage is a little much.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sun May 18, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm glad to hear this and hope that the park doesn't get put on the back burner while the resort/shopping stuff is emphasized.

Read about some of this stuff on Birmingham's city website. Happy about the indoor water park. Splash Beach (AA's water park side) has grown steadily the past few years. Hoping to try it out this summer.

Hello new owners! Good to see you. Can ya fix Wild River Gorge so you get wet? It just ain't happenin.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Looking for Alabama Adventure Fans

Postby Godsentone78 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Hello, I am looking to converse with a few fans of the park or those who have interest in the park doing well. Please respond by emailing me at tdbman@yahoo.com

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:59 pm

I'm still waiting for Hellcat to make its 2008 debut at Clementon Park. There were pics of the trim brakes making the internet rounds.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:18 pm

IMO, this is great news! Last I heard, the park was running down hill, so hopefully AFE can pick it back up.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

I went to the park this past Saturday . . .

Postby Godsentone78 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:55 am

. . . and I am pleased to report that the park looks great and every ride was operating. The new owners are already making a strong emphasis on cleanliness and friendliness. The park was packed out, but it appeared everyone was having a blast even in the heat. I will post more in my trip report, including a nugget of things to come. Stay tuned . . . :b

BTW, I need to contact as many people who are a fan of the park as possible for a meeting this summer. Thanks in advance!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!